Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A normal day with a little bit of flying...

I see nothing warranting name calling.

EGTF, LFTF

Michael wrote:

Probably not, but then again, did you see the video in question ?

Yes, I did.

Michael wrote:

… and before a get flamed again, there are over 150 hits with the word “idiot” on this forum

How many of those were aimed at a named individual?

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

How many of those were aimed at a named individual?

If one searches EuroGA for that word, one finds a fairly random mix of posters and contexts, so I don’t think this leads anywhere.

Also, with the current site stats

Total Registered Users: 3533
Total Forum Threads: 8349
Total Forum Posts: 172166

most words will appear frequently enough.

as they all are, for entertainment

Many are for education / information.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The other video seems to have been made primarily for entertainment.

Monty Python kind of entertainment would that be ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I wonder if it’s the same guy who asked on another site (supposedly in innocence) about a proposed routing in UK while visiting from the US. He wanted to go, amongst other stuff, Southampton to CI at 5000’ VFR. It was clearly a well informed set-up, but that didn’t stop a number of the residents over there chiming in with all sorts of advice.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Southampton to CI at 5000’ VFR

By looking at the VFR chart?

Not wishing to be taking the p1$$ but that is really so simple, and the same procedure works for anywhere in the world there they support VFR and publish airspace maps.

Administrator

Just watched Matt’s vlog.
Everyone of his video seems to push further the freedom which a US intrument pilot can enjoy. Just breathtaking for a European.
Just like a guy from Northampton would go watch an event in Dubrovnik and back, in less than 24h

Some points :

• to me, it’s the best ad ever for Flightstream, so GP or FF, NYCYankee must be happy
  • my friends are definitely too poor ! How can he share to cost of 15hrs of Bonanza? Lucky for him, his money pays for the fixed costs (explained in another video). but still !!
  • the traffic havoc at the border of the launch TFR would make any european CAA official have a heart attack !
  • he didn’t put any picture of the other pilot Youtuber he met in Titusville. Not very fair play

Really it doesn’t take much : IAPs, PCLs, self serve pumps for any credit card and crew cars !

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 19 Feb 21:59
LFOU, France

Most likely he’s got sponsors who pay for the videos and the trips. Wasn’t cost sharing forbidden under FAA rules ?

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

FAA allows cost sharing, subject to various rules – example.

Administrator
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message