Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aerobatics regulations

I recently learned that in Poland it’s not allowed to fly aerobatics in plain G class. It has to be in an established zone or over an airfield with airfield’s manager consent. We’re also not allowed to fly aerobatics below 300m/1000ft without permission from our CAA. In order to compete in Advanced class, which is 200m, I need to apply for special permission from our CAA. This is a bit of a shock to me. From my PPL training in UK I remember we would just fly away from the airport and do some spins.

How is this regulated in other European countries or on EASA level?

Google translate of Polish regulation (chapter 3)

Last Edited by loco at 01 Jun 06:36
LPFR, Poland

In Norway it is up to the ATC in practice. At least close to the larger airports due to the alt restrictions of controlled airspace. There is no way of doing it at safe alt without going up into C or D. Further out there are no restrictions, but it’s common practice to send a message on the radio and to information, so other people know you are there.

Lower alt I don’t know. Maybe in my next life I’ll will do unlimited aerobatics, and will worry about those things then

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

This is what SERA has to say on the matter:

SERA.3130 Aerobatic flight
Aerobatic flights shall only be carried out in accordance with:
(a) Union legislation or, where applicable, national legislation for aircraft oper­ations regulated by Member States; and
(b) as indicated by any relevant information, advice and/or clearance from the appropriate air traffic services unit.

So if you fly an EASA aircraft, then the Polish regulation isn’t applicable, but if you fly an Annex II aircraft or ultralight it is…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Is there now an EASA Aerobatic Rating required? At least if using an EASA aircraft?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Yes. Just as for towing a K13, we need some fatuous Euro-rating to do wing-overs or to spin a C150. You couldn’t make it up. Fortunately, the ratings were obtainable by experience.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message