Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Missing waypoints in GPS databases

Antek,

The AIP only updates some pages each cycle. The page retains the date of the last update. That's why the dates differ.

But as you've discovered the one that I linked to is part of the current AIP.

Actually the AIP was due to roll over last night. I'll go check now if it's in the latest one.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Yep. It's in the one published this morning. Dated today.

Your text to link here...

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Hmmm... very interesting!

However ATC is well used to waypoints not in databases. They just give you another one.

They hand them out like sweets out of a bag

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Good morning!

Yep. It's in the one published this morning. Dated today.

You are right, my mistake... For some reason I looked at LFRN (Rennes) instead of LFRD... EVREN is still a valid waypoint of LFRD and should be in the database!

BTW: Jeppesen mobile FlightDeck knows about that point. But we also have a lot of problems on our Honeywell FMSs with missing waypoints. The memory capacity of the older units has become too small and is non-expandable so the database supplier seemingly at random omits waypoints of his choice, sometimes entire airports. Not long ago we had a flight to Augsburg (EDMA) and found out that it was completely missing from the database.

EDDS - Stuttgart

I just checked the latest Eurocontrol database directly. EVREN is still in the database for Airac cycle 27 june.

OzRunways.Com - iPad EFB for the World
EHHV

I've just loaded the 27 June database into the KLN94. Tomorrow I will check if EVREN is in there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Reopening this old thread, I’m trying to find out if there is a way to study on your pc at home (i.e. without being in front of your g1000 or 430) the GPS waypoints (i.e. a series of Waypoint name, Dtk, Dis) of a Jeppesen IFR STAR and Approach using the same navdata cycle used for the last avionics update (personally I update my g1000 every month downloading the Jeppesen navdata from JDM into an sdcard that is then uploaded into the g1000 at the next flight). The idea is to cross-check the gps waypoints database against the paper chart, not only to spot mistakes but also to familiarize with the waypoint names before being actually “in the soup”. In fact, Jeppesen sometimes includes gps waypoints that are not present in the paper IFR approach and that are just there to reproduce the path of an analog navaid (for example a dme arc). Any idea? I know there is a g1000 simulator for pc, but not sure I can use it with the specific navdata cycle I’m currently using in the plane.

Last Edited by at 29 Nov 14:25

ValerioM wrote:

I know there is a g1000 simulator for pc, but not sure I can use it with the specific navdata cycle I’m currently using in the plane.

Yes you can. That data is in a file called “worldwide.bin” both in the G1000 navdata and the G1000 simulator. I don’t know how to extract it from the navdata, but I know of people who have done that and it works fine to use it to update the G1000 sim.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

That solves the problem, thanks. I’ll try

29 Posts
Sign in to add your message