Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Most trips done later in the year?

I just wondered… this has certainly been true for me. It is perhaps because people take time to “get going” after the winter, and in Europe the wx tends to be OK through October, especially in the more southern parts.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not for me. We are flying all year round. And the first bigger trip is normally latest on April.

EDDS , Germany

Did most of my flying in the spring. Duxford, Billund & Dijon, and some IR training. Hoping to do Avignon this fall AND my IR skill test, finally! Fingers crossed and who knows, I’ll be flying to Avignon IFR!

EHTE, Netherlands

May – October are the busier flying months for me.

Tököl LHTL

Got most of my trips in the summer, a big thank for EuroGA & members for the tips/encouragements, now I will just fly occasionally to keep currency up
Also, time to do some classrooms/TK for an IR next year and finish training for FI this winter

Ps: we had a great summer weather in the UK this year and it looks set to carry on deep in winter (Global Warming is not all bad, some places do get the benefit )

Bobo wrote:

Hoping to do Avignon this fall AND my IR skill test,

Good luck with that, mind yourself that in calm winter days flying accuracy increases

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

We quite often do a Spanish meet-up in October/November and I think this reflects the better wx later in the year, in the right places.

Winter is great for aircraft performance

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message