Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Freshly minted Instructor

RobertL18C wrote:

unconsciously incompetent, consciously incompetent, consciously competent and unconsciously competent

Absolutely one of the best quotes I’ve ever heard… Thanks for that beauty!

Thank you all for the valuable input!

I would like to add to one comment about doing things “my way”. Of course I have to stick to the Training Manual and the syllabus :) However, our club is affiliated to the national aero club, therefore we use their TM and in my humble opinion I guess the exercises could have been explained much better.

It basically says “Student has to demonstrate Steep Turns, slow flight, etc. pp”. However, looking through it I do not find that many hard facts that help assess every air work/maneuvre. By reading the TM, the student is not really able to assess for himself how he has to fly the maneuvre and within which parameters in order to pass the exercise. Wouldn’t it be more helpful if the TM explained each exercise summing up the reason for it, aerodynamics involved , how to fly it and within which parameters?

Of course I would stick to the official TM and do a proper briefing/debriefing before each lesson and all that, but I think this way the student would know much better how he is performing and progressing.

I guess the actual TM gives much more options for each FI to do the things “their way”.

Not trying to be a smartass :) I haven’t had a student yet to “torture”! However, as you all said, it is all about giving the student as much added value as possible.

LEBL, Spain
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message