Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Moving G-reg to EASA-reg (and flying G-reg on EASA papers post-brexit)

I said it long ago and I say it again:
There will be no Brexit. And the signs are clearer than ever now.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=From%20your%20lips%20to%20God%27s%20ears

EDxx, Germany

Steve6443 wrote:

German and French registers will generally not accept aircraft where the engine and / or prop have exceeded the manufacturers recommended TBO, whether due to time or hours in us

For the German register, I know for a fact, that this is not the case. You can register an a/c on condition without any problem, as long as it has an ARC.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Peter wrote:

This thread might be relevant.

The negative points of Achim ceased to exist. The SID isn’t mandatory with the upcoming Part ML anyway. The annual avionics check is not necessary anymore and for IFR flying, Part NCO is the norm.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

The SID isn’t mandatory with the upcoming Part ML anyway

How far away is that, for > 1200kg (ELA2)?

As is widely known, Achim sold the C182 (after the move to G-reg) and bought a TBM850, so he’s not worried now

Also I suspect, as this thread indicates, few Germans will be moving to G-reg now… There might be a stampede in the opposite direction.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Part ML is scheduled for Spring 2019.

I have been corrected, the LBA has suspended the mandatory SID, so that’s not an issue today.

I wasn’t talking about moving to G-Reg. I think D-Reg now is the best European register to go to.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

mh wrote:

Part ML is scheduled for Spring 2019.

What’s the status of the proposed regulation text? Is it finished and only subject to the approval procedure or is there work remaining?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

For the German register, I know for a fact, that this is not the case. You can register an a/c on condition without any problem, as long as it has an ARC.

@mh could you direct me to some guidelines with regard to this ? Yesterday I had a reminder that this issue still needs adressing.

EBST, Belgium

@airways

Here you can find all the necessary forms for aircraft registration with the LBA.
Form No.05 is the actual application for the registration, and it comes with a checklist of documents to provide.

The current ARC is on that list, a TBO overview or anything else that gives an indication of lifetimes is not.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Thank you @CharlieRomeo,

it’s good to know that this has been done before.

EBST, Belgium

Reviving this thread and hoping it is the right one to post this. Moreover hoping to get some help on answering this.

So, I am one of the unhappy few who is in the unfortunate position of flying a G-Reg plane on an EASA license. The reverse – EASA reg plane on a British license – is no longer possible since January 1st 2021, but the UK issued an extension of the privileges for EASA licenses unilaterally which will end on December 31st of 2022.

I a wondering what to do now, the G-reg plane has been imported into the EU (not doing that thread here, the plane was in the EU when the UK exited from the common market)

So question for those more informed than I am…

1) Do we know if there will be a further extension of the privileges to fly on an EASA license in a G-reg plane already, and if not do we think there will be?
2) How difficult is it to get a EU import paid G-REG PA24 on and EASA register and who could help with that? approximative costs, how long would my plane be down for etc?
3) are there any other solutions? I don’t really want to be getting UK papers if I’m honest. (wouldn’t want the UK to hold any of my data etc…)

Are there any experts here who could help with the above?

many thanks,
W.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
Sign in to add your message