Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Moving G-reg to EASA-reg (and flying G-reg on EASA papers post-brexit)

@LFHNflightstudent

Either you obtain a UK CAA license (deadline end of the year) and fly your G-reg or you transfer your plane to EASA registration. I can help you with the latter, PN me.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy your last posts made a lot of sense to me. Maybe my friend should take his Luscombe to the Part145 shop.
Our brains were probably too tied up thinking that the plane should come under the orphelin CDNR category here to understand what the DGAC were saying and why.

France

I had my award winning Luscombe for 17 years, did virtually every maintenance operation on it myself (under A&P supervision) and my cost for Annuals was roughly $3000 or $4000…. Not for one annual inspection but for 17 years of annual inspections combined.

The guy who imported Luscombes to the UK in the 80s (Cliff Lovell), the source of most of those now in UK/Europe, would have avoided a lot of hassle and drama by leaving them in standard category on N-register where they’d been since new.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 Jul 13:49

Can you import non EU to EU reg with the engine on condition?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In our heads the Luscombe falls naturally into the orphelin/CDNR/ collectors category.
Except it has a CDN which is AIUI an EASA aircraft.
Like Silvaire my friend has always done his own maintenance, he is an engineer and was in fact an LAA inspector before moving to France.
He didn’t buy the Luscombe long ago having upsized from a Fournier.
It is the complication of the different regulatory regimes between what one would expect something to be and has been treated as such in the UK ie permit to fly(maybe I don’t know uk rules) and the EASA regulated aircraft which is causing the complication.
So far Snoopy has come up with the most logical reason AFAICS that the RSA can’t do anything to help and the DGAC say go to a Part145 company and that there will be a lot of admin to do.
I haven’t had chance to see if my friend wants to go down this route.

Last Edited by gallois at 21 Jul 07:07
France

Very unlikely under approved maintenance Part145 route (you can wrestle with NAA on your own though)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Normally on registry transfers “on condition” is not allowed (part 145 is not related to this) but I recall there are exceptions.

Lots of people have been burnt with this, because you “can” get an Export CofA without this getting noticed.

Administrator

Very unlikely under approved maintenance Part145 route (you can wrestle with NAA on your own though)

Please post the relevant laws. What is „approved maintenance“?

I’m slowly but steadily becoming frustrated with the inaccuracies that are repeated and repeated over again on the forum.

Importing a third country aircraft to EASA registration is possible with everything on condition as per the owner’s declared AMP and subject to the aircraft‘s airworthiness limitations. Even more so when originating from a BASA treaty country.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy – why not start a thread entitled something like

“Aircraft import to EU-reg now possible with everything on-condition (if it is under an SDMP)”

It’s a fact that doing so was generally impossible, so this is a recent change.

Of course, how do you get onto an SDMP, acceptable to a destination CAMO, before the import?

Administrator

What if you buy an G-registered aircraft from UK and want to move it to SE- or any other EASA register.
Is it doomed to fail now?

Can I even fly it legal with a EASA PPL or FAA PPL ?
Can I fly it from UK to Sweden?

ESMS, ESML, Sweden
Sign in to add your message