Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Going from France to LESL and LESB - COVID procedures questions

Do you have a French or Spanish licence?
In France there is no problem with flying with an instructor or examiner?
I don’t know the Covid rules between France and Spain.I thought things had opened up recently but you would probably need a PCR test or that bar code thingy that shows your Covid status.
If it is just a case of a landing turn round and take off I don’t think that is a problem but best to check with the aeroclub or operator of the field or fields you intend to go to.
For French pilots other than when flying with an instructor or examiner (in which case there are no limitations as far as I know) we have a 30km radius around the airfield which we have to stick within. I believe this is about to change shortly but I am often a little behind with my information as I don’t tend to investigate unless I have a particular goal.So I wait to get most of the information emailed to me by the FFA, DGAC or the club which can be a few days after the official announcement.

France

Merci beacoup.

I think the best approach is to treat it as a tech stop, even though no fuel required. Just land and take-off without an stay.
The only question is whether to do it on two separate FPL’s or one. For one I need an accelerated course by @Peter
Two FPL’s is operationally cleaner but subject to more questions.
One FPL leaves little trace that the required landing was done, but for the same reason opens fewer COVID questions…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

The only question is whether to do it on two separate FPL’s or one

Just do two FPL, it’s way more cleaner for ATC, I do that for RNP approaches in France from UK
On aircraft/pilot book it’s one flight non stop and problem solved, I never had any question

Peter will chime in and say one FPL so no one will come after you, except after reading EuroGA posts

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 May 09:46
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

except after reading EuroGA posts

Oops, forgot to say I was in fact asking on behalf of a friend…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

One FPL is OK if you agree it with airport management. I have known of, ahem, certain people who used to “clear customs” in N France that way, many years ago

Otherwise they won’t let you depart – unless I am missing something.

Re people reading EuroGA and telling somebody, I think that’s a problem mainly for me due to (a) certain ex posters having a grudge and (b) myself being an admin on a forum which hosts the discussion of UK CAS bust persecution policy, which was suppressed on all the UK sites

Fuel stops should be quarantine exempt everywhere.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message