Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greece - Corfu LGKR

Does anyone know if the AOPA discount is recognized with Meander Handling @ Corfu ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

No they are not.
www.aopa.gr/Info → paragraph 12

Last Edited by petakas at 10 Jul 13:19
LGMG Megara, Greece

I used Swissport in Corfu end of May. Not particularly friendly, and not able to get the Avgas bowser to come too quickly, but otherwise OK and very expeditious with the paperwork. Goldair should work the same.

Remember to get PPR from the CAA, otherwise they will make a big fuss.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 10 Jul 17:02
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, you need to get an eMail with a PPR number

Quick bowser arrival is not in handler’s ability to affect. They notify him and he comes to you when he finishes (2 personnel for 2 bowers) the airliners which are on a 45 minute turnaround. Unfortunately they have priority over GA and if you fall in the charter’s rush hour you’re in for a long wait (30’ to 60’ or even more). I’ve had it happen half of the times I visited Corfu. I could see them running at 110% to serve all. I complained to the fuel company … they won’t hire one more personnel due to GA … that’s the raw truth.

If I have a choice of time to select my arrival/departure (refuel time basically) I ask the handler when is the charter’s rush hour/day and I try to avoid this.

Statistically from flying all these years in Greece I have observed Swissport to be slightly more proficient than Goldair.
As for SkyServ … no comment, only where they are the only handler in the airport.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Flyer59 wrote:

Yes, you need to get an eMail with a PPR number

Yes but not YOU, you pay the handler for this anyway, make him do what you pay him for. They take care of it when you make the initial contact with details and they come back to you when they have taken care of it by sending you also the PPR number.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Yes, I contacted GOLDAIR and they (always) sent me the PPR number. Sorry if I did not ake that clear.

OK, so what is Meander’s role ?

Are they a third Handler @ Corfu ?

Swissport, Goldair & Meander ?

Ifso, are their charges & services significantly different ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Okay, I looked it up in the Airport Handbook:

Here’s the list of Handlers/Agents/FBOs

Corfu Air Monitors (Agent)
Goldair Handling (Handler)
Meander Handling (FBO)
Pandair Handling Services (Agent)
Signature Flight Support (Agent)
Skyserv Handling Services (Handler)
Swissport Hellas Sud (Handler)
Universal Aviation Greece (Agent)

So far, I’ve reserved my slot and parking through Meander.

What are the differences between all of these ?

Thanks!

Last Edited by Michael at 16 Jul 07:12
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

No idea.
The ONLY handlers AOPA Hellas knows of and has discount agreements with are listed in
https://www.aopa.gr/en/flying-in-greece
paragraphs 12.a and 12.b
The others may, I say again, may be agents cooperating with handlers so its up to you to decide for example depending on cost.

LGMG Megara, Greece
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message