Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

BA subcontractor makes tiny error.

BA flight lands in Edinburgh instead of Dusseldorf by mistake https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47691478

Easily confusable, I guess…

EGKB Biggin Hill

Yes its only 350 miles in the opposite direction. Whilst in today’s getting weirder by the minute society I can understand how it may have happened, I still cannot quite understand why it actually happened.If you get my drift……Boarding cards, gate number, crew roster, IFR slot times etc, list goes on as to how not……

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

“Welcome onboard for today’s flight to Edinburgh….”

I mean, does nobody on the whole flight listen to the PA

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

“Welcome onboard for today’s flight to Edinburgh….”

I remember 1 pax one day yelling to get out of the aircraft as he was going with us to Bergerac instead of Bordeaux but I agree he was not talking on behalf of the 160 pax

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Mar 16:58
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I understand a bit early in the morning, and perhaps crew a bit sleepy, to be bothered with routine cabin address

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

National News does not seem to find this a very interesting story, but seems:-
There was a Dusseldorf AND an Edinburgh flight leaving within half hour of each other from London City EGLC.
The aircraft that actually went to EGPH was on a correct flight plan and that’s also where the crew intended to go.
Seems it was the contents of the aircraft (PAX’s) that were destined for Dusseldorf EDDL.
Just assume Dusseldorf luggage was also on the same aircraft – no confirmation on that one.
Still not sure how it happened – seems a news ‘blackout’ ATPIT.
Would have thought some alert passenger would have noticed the raising sun on the RHS and no North Sea.
Sure it was a nice VMC morning.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 26 Mar 14:02
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Timothy wrote:

I mean, does nobody on the whole flight listen to the PA

Ah, but when does the pilot listen to the passengers? I believe the pilot’s name may be Corrigan.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I think this mistake is easily made – if it is made in the ops department. You probably need a few holes in the cheese to line up, however…

It can happen because airline pilots are just bus drivers. They are handed a pack of data for the flight, often, I am told, only just before the flight, and they just get on with it. Whereas a private pilot has been planning the trip for probably ages…

Also I bet that often the whole crew is half dead at the start of the first flight of the day, due to having got up at some crazy hour. Clubbing till 1am, a litre of Red Bull, up at 3am, shove some corn flakes into your face, stick a load of makeup on, jump into the Fiesta, drive to the airport, get into the plane, check the loo is clean, and you are not going to be asking too many questions. I was going out with one of these, about 20 years ago

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Capitaine wrote:

I believe the pilot’s name may be Corrigan.

That guy know exactly what he did, it is like not having PPR and still land by navigational mistakes

Peter wrote:

Clubbing till 1am, a litre of Red Bull, up at 3am, shove some corn flakes into your face, stick a load of makeup on, jump into the Fiesta, drive to the airport, get into the plane, check the loo is clean, and you are not going to be asking too many questions

Probably less applicable when you have to pay back a 100K£ loan with help from school instruction (at least the case of those I know around today, they still have to do the unpleasant FI bit even after getting a first FO job, so consumed that they are rarely up even for a birthday party), but I agree most of them were dreaming of the lifestyle you describe before enrolling…

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Mar 16:26
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I am sure the pilots don’t have that lifestyle; that is the cabin crew (potentially). The pilots were handed a briefing pack and they flew it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message