Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

BA subcontractor makes tiny error.

So all the payload on the aircraft was bound for Düsseldorf, but the aircraft itself and flight crew were scheduled to ‘Edinburgh’.
Which ‘part’ did the Cabin Crew belong to – the aircraft (along with the flight crew to Edinburgh) or the payload (PAX and luggage) hoping for Düsseldorf!!?
Are the Boarding Cards last seen at the gate or handed to a Cabin Crew member on actual entry to the aircraft?
If the latter, the Cabin Crew must have been expecting Düsseldorf as well.
Surprised one of them didn’t miss the North Sea !
It seems it’s all become so casual and routine with nobody paying much attention.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 28 Mar 13:55
Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

WarleyAir wrote:

Wonder whose / which baggage was in the hold !! – assume must have been some.

Apparently it was the pax’

EGKB Biggin Hill

Wonder whose / which baggage was in the hold !! – assume must have been some.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Graham wrote:

Given the crew/plane went to the ‘right’ place per their planning and paperwork and it’s just the passengers to whom the destination was ‘wrong’, surely it is a simple case of a gate cock-up and the wrong set of passengers being herded onto the wrong plane.

Who knows?

I mean that literally….who knows?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Given the crew/plane went to the ‘right’ place per their planning and paperwork and it’s just the passengers to whom the destination was ‘wrong’, surely it is a simple case of a gate cock-up and the wrong set of passengers being herded onto the wrong plane.

EGLM & EGTN

Most airliners have a refuel panel which the refueller operates – the refuel fills automatically until the selected uplift is shut off – this one is an A320

Now retired from forums best wishes

Isn’t the pilot supposed the check with the fuel truck man that the correct fuel got loaded?

Actually I wonder if airliners (the BAE 146 is a “sort of airliner” ) have a fuel totaliser which works in both directions, or just fuel gauges? I spoke to one airline pilot who didn’t know (!!) but another one thought the fuel totaliser measured what goes in as well as what comes out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

captain should check if the total amount of fuel loaded matches the planned fuel, right?

Yes, but my point is that if the planning system has broken down to this extent, who knows who has got which bit of what plan?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timotyh, Gimly glider? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider :)

But on the serious node, captain should check if the total amount of fuel loaded matches the planned fuel, right?

EGTR

I wonder what happens when the pack given to the pilots and the docket given to the fuellers don’t match.

EGKB Biggin Hill
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message