Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What airplane deal are you not snapping up?

Peter wrote:

I wonder who is going to buy a €7k PA28-140.

Depends. Couple of years ago I came across one of these which was in airworthy condition but lacked up to date avionics and was out of annual for a couple of years… I talked about it to some people and it was sold for something like this a few days later, flew out of the place it had been stored 2 weeks later. It is still around as far as I know. The owner simply wanted to get rid of it and practically gave it away, which was the mistake… too low price and everyone assumed it was a wreck. Well, it wasn’t and someone got himself a nice little hobby plane.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 18 Apr 19:14
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

AdamFrisch wrote:

Too bad I’m only short $1.49mil…..

Anyone I know in America is getting recession ready. My sister in law lives in Rhode Island, and she says restaurants are closing down etc … it’s like they can all see it coming.

GA_Pete wrote:

I have a friend witha hankering for a nice TB10 if anyone knows of one.

Easy airplane to inspect, pull the belly panel off under the seats and you can see much of the spar. The horizontal stab you can stick in a boroscope into the holes underneath and look at it internally. Easy to look down the back behind the baggage. If they are not corroded they are a good aeroplane. Very few for sale other than the ones in Earls Colne.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

WilliamF wrote:

Anyone I know in America is getting recession ready. My sister in law lives in Rhode Island, and she says restaurants are closing down etc … it’s like they can all see it coming.

It’s coming, for sure. I’ve noticed it on a micro-scale on the stuff I’m selling on Ebay, Craigslist etc. Despite having low starting prices and constantly lowering stuff, there just isn’t that much demand. If the times are so good (like the Trump cheerers keep saying), then why isn’t stuff moving? Real estate here in LA, NY, SF has flatlined. I see aircraft stay on the market longer time again, etc. But it’s coming in Europe, too. Italy already in recession, the Scandinavian countries are very due for one (they never had a downturn during last crisis), etc.

Hoard your money – there will be fantastic airplane deals to be had in coming years!

AdamFrisch wrote:

But it’s coming in Europe, too

Damn right. Some things I have spotted in last week in Ireland. The biggest Irish Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) is selling up for 1.5bn after hoovering up all the recession bargains. These guys are super smart, I’ve met them and know they are core inner circle people in the city. The number of cranes in Dublin is at an all-time peak, commercial sites have multiplied in value in some cases 40x since the recession. Then the number of cocaine addicts seeking treatment has doubled. Only for the banks are not going crazy here lending money, we’d have gone to the moon already…

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

http://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=41573

Pressurized Centurion for 127K EUR TKS gets my attention & on N Reg to boot. I wonder what the first 2 annuals would run.

I’m seriously considering a 210 as an upgrade plane. Why not go all the way?

planecheck_N4972K_41573_pdf

Tököl LHTL

The TSIO-520 must be a P, as if it was a CE you’d mention it in the advert. TBO is 1600hrs. Would be a great plane for a private guy looking to keep it once it checked out. It would be a hard thing to stock for resale with the engine 400hrs over TBO, everyone who would come to see it would beat you with the same stick. I’ve no issue with engines on condition, only I’m not an end user and I know what a hard sell they are. If was an end user and needed that kind of a plane, the Seneca III on the front page of planecheck would look a better bet to me.

If you are buying a 210 specifically, the guys at the airfield beside me have flown 3000hrs almost all on IFR trips in a 210N and rarely cancel a trip. I see the T210 G-SEEK has a pretty solid trip history working its way around the world. Doesn’t need to be a P210 to do amazing trips.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

WilliamF wrote:

210N

A P210N?

Specifically: P210N Pressurized Centurion
A Turbo 210N with pressurized cabin, four windows each side, with a 310 hp (231 kW) Continental TSIO-520-AF engine, produced 1978-83, 834 built.

always learning
LO__, Austria

WilliamF wrote:

210N

Nope. Just a regular non turbo hard to find 210N that I mentioned I’m familiar with all the models and differences. Have read at least 2 books on the 210 and flown them quite a bit. I’ve taken one to pieces also.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

AdamFrisch wrote:

Hoard your money – there will be fantastic airplane deals to be had in coming years! 

Sounds good. First thing when the recession hits: I will buy a home from some poor sod who overstretched his credit line. Then get an airplane from what’s left

Good thing my job is totally impervious from recession short of a total economic collapse.

A Cessna 210 sounds nice, though skimming the last few posts I realise I would have to read a lot on the various variants to understand which of them fits my needs.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Plain Jane 152 and Warriors continue to be in demand, a £50k 152 is not that unusual these days.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message