Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

Fuji_Abound wrote:

BTW there are very few “tower services” I am aware of that dont have a CAS veil

Indeed. Only 25 immediately spring to mind

Benbecula
Biggin Hill
Blackpool
Cambridge
Carlisle
Cranfield
Dundee
Exeter
Farnborough
Hawarden
Humberside
Inverness
Kirkwall
Land’s End
Londonderry
Lydd
Newquay
Redhill
Scatsta
Scilly Isles
Stornoway
Warton
Wick
Wycombe
Yeovil

Last Edited by Timothy at 15 Nov 09:31
EGKB Biggin Hill

(But don’t worry, under the current rules, they’ll all need CAS within the next couple of years.)

EGKB Biggin Hill

And Oxford. My local (friendly) towered field.

EGLM & EGTN

You can probably scratch Cranfield from the list, because I don’t think closed airfields count ;-)

EGLM & EGTN

Graham wrote:

You can probably scratch Cranfield from the list, because I don’t think closed airfields count

It’s closed since I went there on Saturday? With no notice? What has happened to the flying school? That’s a terrible bit of news that deserves its own thread.

Graham wrote:

And Oxford. My local (friendly) towered field.

How stupid of me. Of course. Just the 26 then. Or 25 if Cranfield has really closed this week (though I suspect that information is as dodgy as so much else on this thread.)

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

(But don’t worry, under the current rules, they’ll all need CAS within the next couple of years.)

On a more general note with this, I think there is increasingly a regulatory mood that cannot tolerate any sort of ‘free for all’ being allowed to exist.

“What’s going on out there in the world?” they ask. Tell them what’s going on, and it’s “ok, well either we keep it under control or it must stop”.

Essentially, a lot of things that have happened for a long time without being much of a problem are suddenly seen as a problem that needs correcting or else the activity stopping.

EGLM & EGTN

I am sure Fuji knows perfectly well there are loads of non-CAS ATC airports… he must have meant something else.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Timothy wrote:

Or 25 if Cranfield has really closed this week (though I suspect that information is as dodgy as so much else on this thread.)

Sorry, my sarcasm did not come across as strongly as yours.

Cranfield frequently closes for days at a time for spurious reasons, usually with little notice and with no flexibility for unlicensed operations. Often at weekends when people want to fly there. For practical purposes people are starting to treat it as closed or just not worth bothering with.

EGLM & EGTN

Graham wrote:

“What’s going on out there in the world?” they ask. Tell them what’s going on, and it’s “ok, well either we keep it under control or it must stop”.

You have to distinguish “they” from “them” in this context. It is EASA who want to impose Part-ATS, which will mean that any airfield with ATC must have CAS, which is fiercely resisted by the CAA. If you are going to engage in the debate, you need a more nuanced view than “them’n’us”.

Peter wrote:

he must have meant something else.

Very difficult to have a discussion when people mean different things to what they write.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

You have to distinguish “they” from “them” in this context. It is EASA who want to impose Part-ATS

I know.

Very difficult to have a discussion when people start deciding what you mean.

EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message