Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Permanently basing a D-Reg (LSA) Aircraft abroad?

@MATHIAS. if you wish it
Your BREEZER B600 build in 2010 is under Permit to fly in Germany
Here is French authority DGAC concerning permit to fly

https://www.ecologique-solidaire.gouv.fr/aeronefs-etrangers

Airworthiness or an EASA permit to fly (Form 20a)Underline

Aircraft holding a Certificate of Airworthiness issued pursuant to the ICAO Convention are allowed to overfly the territory of ICAO contracting States without prior validation of this certificate.

Aircraft holding an EASA permit to fly (Form 20a) are allowed to overfly the territory of EASA member states without prior validation of this permit, except when the permit to fly explicitly limits the authorised area

So you have a “form 20A” for your aircraft…no more problem to fly france and to be hangared in France

I have a Friend witch is flying in my club working at DGAC (OSAC, THEN certification, Now aircraft manufacturers support) and I you wish I can have more details…

Adls
LFPU, France

Silvaire wrote:

Many would say never ask a question to authority for which you may possibly not like the answer

Are you sure you are not French??

The advantage of asking on EuroGA is that you get a range of inputs, which form a sort of “education” for asking the right questions to the right people.

There is no assurance that a question sent to a CAA (any CAA) will yield an accurate answer. Admittedly, such an answer (if in writing) and if in your favour will make a prosecution impossible for your particular case (at least in the UK it would have that effect).

For example if you asked a Q like this to the UK CAA, the chances of getting a meaningful reply are very small, because most good people have either left in recent years or aren’t anywhere near the customer interface.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

Many would say never ask a question to authority for which you may possibly not like the answer

Exactly

Peter wrote:

The advantage of asking on EuroGA is that you get a range of inputs, which form a sort of “education” for asking the right questions to the right people.

True. An excellent point in fact.

Peter wrote:

There is no assurance that a question sent to a CAA (any CAA) will yield an accurate answer. Admittedly, such an answer (if in writing) and if in your favour will make a prosecution impossible for your particular case (at least in the UK it would have that effect).

I think it’s the same all over, at least it should be. But I also think, for this very reason, they would focus very hard on giving you the correct and objective answer, which would mean references to relevant regulations and other documents.

For example if you asked a Q like this to the UK CAA, the chances of getting a meaningful reply are very small, because most good people have either left in recent years or aren’t anywhere near the customer interface.

I think this is a two way street. If no one ask questions, there will be no one there to answer. If lots of people ask questions, then they would need to speed up. Another thing is that the CAA will have the impression that everything is OK in the GA world, because no one asks questions. It’s important for the authorities to get direct feedback. They don’t know GA, we do.

Last Edited by LeSving at 10 Jul 08:53
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message