Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

ok, thanks

LKKU, LKTB

Tomjnx, Achimha, Peter and David thank you so much for lending us your time, your Autorouter is a beauty, it even works perfectly on my iphone!! Peter thank you for your website, it gave me the motivation to persevere for the IR.

Achimha just wanted to mention that my last Zulu flight plan (EGKB-LFRG) left Biggin perplexed, they spent 20mn trying to find it therefore I filed a VFR flight plan instead which showed up immediately on their screens. Midway across the channel Brest found the IFR original flight plan and said it was stuck in an error folder.
On the way back the Yankee flight plan was perfect London control told me to vacate CAS 10nm before SFD

EGKB

@MMARCO, thanks, much appreciated. We submit flight plans to Eurocontrol and once acknowledged, tell the user. What happens after that is Eurocontrol/NATS business. Your plan was addressed to Biggin among others and all seems correct to me.

Everybody in the industry knows that NATS has the worst software system in Europe It’s very archaic and there are frequent problems importing plans from Eurocontrol. One example is that NATS only see the initial cruise level and if there are step climbs, they will never know which level you have filed and have to ask you.

I’ve filed for the first time today with autorouter instead of EuroFPL
Autorouter deserves all the compliments made above.
I suggested to add to the Telegram commands the possibility to send an arrival message: in some countries you have to close your FPL yourself, and the facility to send the message from your iPhone would be most useful. (EuroFPL enables it a very easy way)

I have a question about page 5 of the briefing. It seems to be the wind, temperature,pressure, at ground level ?
I’d like to have more information about that. Are the grey parts areas of low visibility on the ground?

Paris, France

I did like Piotr these days and I am very happy with the tool , it is excellent !

There are a few things I am wondering about and don’t know whether to ask them in he forum or through a support ticket ?

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

If the answers could be of interest to others, ask them in the forum.

LSZK, Switzerland

Piotr_Szut wrote:

I have a question about page 5 of the briefing. It seems to be the wind, temperature,pressure, at ground level ?
I’d like to have more information about that. Are the grey parts areas of low visibility on the ground?

Yes, that’s a horizontal cut of the GRAMET for GND. The gray area is where GFS shows a possibility of visible moisture in the boundary layer. Use METAR/TAF to get a more precise forecast for the areas in question. For an IFR flight it’s mostly a concern for the terminal areas.

I know this was developed for IFR flights but is there any way the flight plan filing and associated telegram messaging can be used for a pure VFR flight?

ABar wrote:

I know this was developed for IFR flights but is there any way the flight plan filing and associated telegram messaging can be used for a pure VFR flight?

At this time you cannot file and manage VFR flight plans. However, you can use all the briefing facilities over Telegram or the web site.

is there any way the flight plan filing and associated telegram messaging can be used for a pure VFR flight?

I do that all the time. It works well at low levels. Yesterday I was testing a Thuraya satellite phone and got absolutely not a single byte through it, but this worked fine, at about 5000ft over SE UK:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message