Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Of course, zero.

It’s like the horse example I posted earlier. Feeding a horse (in a stable) is not a valid journey on the UK govt list. Therefore the horse must starve to death. In reality the owner would pay the £30 fine, doubling each time, but with an average horse being worth at most a few k, and with daily feeding, and the fines levelling off at £900 or so, you can work out the point at which it will make sense to let the horse die. The same argument applies to aero engines. Overhaul cost 20k-30k is way more than the average horse.

Not every regulation makes sense, so one has to go and feed the horse without getting picked up by the police.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

France is working on an exemption of the lock down for aircraft ground runs, limited to 20 minutes once a month, per aircraft. Not sure at all it will make more good than harm.
The Lycoming service letter is a great read, just what is done in the FlightChops video above. Getting the oil to 185F seems the key. Maybe if you partially the air intakes, you can get there on a ground run.

No news about ratings or medicals.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 30 Mar 12:37
LFOU, France

Not every regulation makes sense, so one has to go and feed the horse without getting picked up by the police.

And if one doesn’t want a house filled with dog crap and urine, one has to walk the animal three or four times a day.

Last Edited by flybymike at 30 Mar 12:38
Egnm, United Kingdom

France is working on an exemption of the lock down for aircraft ground runs, limited to 20 minutes once a month, per aircraft.

20200326_Modeele_attestation_deeplacement_entretien_sig_DSAC_IR_pdf

Not sure at all it will make more good than harm.

20 mins once the oil is at full operating temperature is probably not bad. That’s an engine run of best part of an hour.

And if one doesn’t want a house filled with dog crap and urine, one has to walk the animal three or four times a day.

Better not post that on a certain place on the UK social media scene, unless your dog’s transponder is OFF

Administrator

Peter wrote:

That’s an advantage of having recommendations rather than regulations. It is impossible for a regulation to cater for every possibility.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It’s not a recommendation here, however.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

It’s not a recommendation here, however.

It’s an instruction from government. Whether that carries the full weight of the law remains to be seen. I’m sure they will find a way to make sure that it does (in the fullness of time) but for now I’m not quite sure.

As you say, it’s just a case of avoiding police officers. Not difficult where I am.

I for one hope this doesn’t go on too long, because the longer it goes on the more the police will suss out the practicalities of it and get into the swing of enforcement. I don’t particularly want them to get too much of a taste for that power – they already have far too much influence in this country, constantly opining on what the law (or their powers) should be rather than just enforcing them as they are.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/covid-19-ex-supreme-court-judge-lambasts-disgraceful-policing

Last Edited by Graham at 30 Mar 15:05
EGLM & EGTN

Citation and Learjet engines require an engine run once a month, for airworthiness.

Administrator

Does the typical PT6 not? I thought it did require runs, or an additional inspection.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Silvaire wrote:

As a wise friend who was very successful in business once told me, more often than not doing nothing ends up being the right choice because over reaction is more likely than correct action.

Ain’t that the truth…

Sign in to add your message