Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

How about a trip to Portoroz ?
Slovenia Entry Rules

I am awaiting a confirmation from LJPZ , since the (land) border controls are apparently to be opened only to citizens from a Country with whom Slovenia has a bilateral agreement…
(in German only https://orf.at/stories/3166153/ )

Interesting, how the situation changes on a daily basis. In the end, looks like one still has to jump w/o full certainty ;-) managed risk…

Edit for Peter (and hoc fly in?) : hotels are open and available on booking.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 19 May 06:08
EDM_, Germany

Most of the French TOTAL pumps have been reactivated.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

ch.ess wrote:

How about a trip to Portoroz ?

Here is the information on the LJPZ web site.

On 12th of May 2020 the Government of the Republic of Slovenia is withdrawing measures that were restricting air transport in Slovenia. It has assessed that this measure is no longer necessary. The restrictions are lifted for international air services from both the European Union and third countries.

On 15th May, the Government of the Republic of Slovenia is withdrawing the mandatory quarantine for persons who enter the Republic of Slovenia and have permanent or temporary residence in the countries of the European Union and have not left the European Union for more than 14 days.

That’s pretty clear with respect to residents of the EU. I can’t find any more information about what “third countries” are involved.

Checking the web site of the Piran Hotel group (Piran, Barbara, etc), bookings can be made from June 4, but not before.

LSZK, Switzerland

The Q I would ask is: how likely are you to catch something nasty on the mainland, compared with a little island?

Slovenia was heavily infected from the skiing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Received confirmation from LJPZ. All fine as far as they know.
As to the risk, relative to the imponderabilities of an SEP over TBO and over the Alps, the actual risk of getting infected and getting seriously ill is of very little concern to me. I consider it danger noise.
The restrictions were lifted because they have so few new cases.
But it is an individual choice that I did not want to push on everyone, just an idea for a meet up of like (risk) minded flying folks.

Oh and yes, booking let me easily book a hotel for the next few days…

Last Edited by ch.ess at 19 May 19:13
EDM_, Germany

Greece opening from 15th June but not for the UK since it does not yet meet the virus criteria.

I am not surprised the UK is excluded. Loads of cases still in the areas of the UK from which most holidaymakers travel.

Administrator

Unfortunate update:

Already enroute over Salzburg, Wien Information relayed a message from LJPZ (viel Lubljana) that as per 19th, 5pm, the compulsory quarantine has been re-instated.

So I could land, but not stay without quarantine.
Since I had booked a hotel for Portoroz, nothing for Croatia, I turned around and fly somewhere else in Germany today.

Ridiculous…. but true.

EDM_, Germany

Bloody hell. When was the reinstatement notamed (if it was)?

EDIT: nothing in the LJPZ notams now:

A0493/20 NOTAMN
Q) LJLA/QFATT/IV/BO /A /000/999/4528N01337E005
A) LJPZ B) 2006180000 C) 2007032359
E) TRIGGER NOTAM – PERM AIRAC AMDT 100/2020, EFFECTIVE 18 JUN 2020.
- AD LJPZ CHANGES
- UPDATES TO CHARTS AD LJPZ
CREATED: 05 May 2020 15:18:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

A0476/20 NOTAMR A0179/20
Q) LJLA/QACXX/IV/NBO/AE/000/040/4528N01337E005
A) LJPZ B) 2004270935 C) PERM
E) MISSED APROACH ENTERING CLASS G AIRSPACE IN FIR ZAGREB,
WHERE RADIO MANDATORY ZONE (RMZ) ESTABLISHED.
CREATED: 27 Apr 2020 09:36:00

C0019/09 NOTAMN
Q) LJLA/QSPCF/IV/BO /AE/000/999/4532N01341E014
A) LJPZ B) 0901150000 C) PERM
E) NOVA FREKVENCA ZA PRILETNO KONTROLO ZRACNEGA PROMETA PORTOROZ
APP-LJPZ 124,875MHZ JE VZPOSTAVLJENA.
DOSEDANJA FREKVENCA 129,325MHZ NI VEC NA VOLJO.
CREATED: 19 Mar 2009 10:05:00

C0018/09 NOTAMN
Q) LJLA/QSTCF/IV/BO /A /000/999/4528N01337E005
A) LJPZ B) 0901150000 C) PERM
E) NOVA FREKVENCA ZA LETALISKO KONTROLO ZRACNEGA PROMETA PORTOROZ
TWR-LJPZ 124,875MHZ JE VZPOSTAVLJENA.
DOSEDANJA FREKVENCA 129,325MHZ NI VEC NA VOLJO.
CREATED: 19 Mar 2009 10:04:00

Administrator

ch.ess wrote:

Since I had booked a hotel for Portoroz, nothing for Croatia, I turned around and fly somewhere else in Germany today.

You could’ve landed to Losinj or Pula and then booked something. I just got info from another pilot who did exactly that.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hooray, we can start flying again for sport and leisure since last Sunday. Double command is okay at the club. According to the club president the instructors are ready to do check flights or instruction as required.
I flew Sunday afternoon and from the activity on the radio it seems that leisure flights within a 100km radius of base have quickly returned to normal Sunday levels.
Even better this all corresponds with great weather.
It seems that thanks to the club president we have profited from the lockdown.
Taxiways and grass runway grass cut, holes repaired, and rolled smooth, new wind sock, and both aircraft thoroughly cleaned including taking out and cleaning all seats and carpets, new walkways etc. I have to say he did a great job, they both looked like new.

France
Sign in to add your message