Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

@peter

because the airport police want to see evidence of your hotel booking.

That is not true anymore since the 25.05.2020. On this day they changed the rule at Croatia. So no booking is necessary anymore.

EDDS , Germany

I landed on 25/5 and they wanted to see it, so maybe the following day

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry @Peter my mistake, the 29th was the day when the rules changed. It was the day of our arrival.

EDDS , Germany

Peter wrote:

Actually I doubt you can do day trips to Croatia

You can apparently do a day trip if you book a boat or similar but some airports close early due to low traffic so not mich time to enjoy the day.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Latest word is, that if your from Australia and you are here in the EU (Hungary) you can leave for Croatia but cant come back in. My friend who has business in both countries and Australia needs to travel to Croatia and then back to Hungary but according to the rules wont be let back in. Any advice from some business people would be appreciated.

KHTO, LHTL

some airports close early due to low traffic so not mich time to enjoy the day.

Yes; LDLO and LDRI close 1400 UTC so I have to make a very early departure at EGKA to be 100% sure to get there. But they don’t charge much for an extension; about €50/hr IIRC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The German Ministry of the Interior just announced that all controls at the borders with Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, France and Italy are to end at midnight.

You also no longer need a “valid reason” to enter Germany from the EU, Norway, Liechtenstein and the UK.

Full English text of the press release is here: https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/pressemitteilungen/EN/2020/06/ende-binnengrenzkontrollen.html

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Apparently there are Quarantine controls From France to the UK and from UK to France now.
I wonder how this will be policed for GA?
What would stop you arriving in France or UK then leaving straight away if you wanted to?
What about if you didnt leave the aerodrome?

skydriller wrote:

I wonder how this will be policed for GA?
What would stop you arriving in France or UK then leaving straight away if you wanted to?
What about if you didnt leave the aerodrome?

I don’t know what does it mean “did not leave aerodrome”? you are in the other country when wheels touches the tarmac (at least this is how GA is treated)

I guess the same way as Eurostar/Eurotunnel you can cross the border turn back and go-home as well? the process: 1/ you fill a form 2/ leave quarantine address 3/ no public transport 4/ someone may come home to check 5/ fine is 1000£ or 135€/370€/1500€/3700€

Travel to UK: if you don’t give details you get a 100£ fine, for short visit you stay isolated for the term of your stay
Travel to France: French nationality or residence, work-related and dependents only, the quarantine means “self-isolate on a voluntary basis for two weeks”, basically, you can fly to L2K for “lunch-a-portee” if your summer home is there but budget 14 days after you get back to the UK…

These rules are to get reviewed by end of June

https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Jun 17:30
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

I don’t know what does it mean “did not leave aerodrome”? you are in the other country when wheels touches the tarmac (at least this is how GA is treated)

Depends on the airport. “Airside” usually doesn’t mean you pass immigration and therefore you can transit countries you have no visa for. Those who do not have an enclosed airside will be different however.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message