Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

I wondered if they are specifying what they actually are saying i.e. a mask not like the medical ones. This would be done to avoid a run on the medical ones, depriving hospitals of supplies. Here in the UK the policy for a long time was to not recommend masks precisely for this reason, not because they don’t work.

I have a big stack of hospital-like masks which came chucked in a big shipment of PCBs from China. Probably will get beaten up if I wear one of them

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here is a summary page for restrictions around the EU.

The UK is reportedly going to eliminate its quarantine on 6th July, for some countries:

They are thought to include Spain, France, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, Turkey, Germany and Norway – but not Portugal or Sweden.
The full list of travel corridors with the UK will be published next week.

In the above:

But the government spokesman conceded there would be nothing to stop someone avoiding quarantine by flying into a Spanish airport, driving over the border into Portugal for their holiday and returning by the same route.

which is nonsense since you will then be lying on your declaration form

Why is Croatia not included?

It’s also not clear if these “air corridors” will include GA but IMHO it will be hard to prosecute somebody in the UK due to the self evident stupidity of such an action. The UK doesn’t work like that.

Administrator

Just seen this:

So Croatia is included, which is great.

Administrator

Greece prohibits flights from UK and Sweden until 15th July

Not surprising… after having just got infected by some other tourists on two islands.

But the UK is said to be allowing people back from Greece on 6th July

Administrator

So if you stop in Croatia it’s okay :) ?

LFOU, France

It depends on whether Greece does it right. The UK framed its quarantine in a way which prevented a stop enroute having any meaning.

Of course, in GA, we cannot do UK to Greece nonstop anyway. Well, I plan to do exactly that one day, but it would be EGMD-LGKR (i.e. cheating) and with tailwind (double cheating). A TBM can do it…

But anyway it is too hot in Greece now, and Spain. Italy, Croatia, etc are much more interesting now.

Administrator

Switzerland will now introduce 10 days of quarantine for risk high countries such as Sweden and Serbia. The list is not out yet but will be later today.

Also from Monday on masks must be worn on public transport. Most probably shops also will be mandated.

The 2nd wave is rolling and picking up speed. February all over again as governments have relaxed way to early.

I suppose its only a question of time until new lockdown will be imposed. And about time too.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

On UK quarantine:

Administrator

This should have gone in this section but I put it in the general thread.

Countries from which you need to perform a 14 days quarantine starting Monday July 6th in German, sorry.

Liste der Staaten und Gebiete mit erhöhtem Ansteckungsrisiko
Argentinien
Armenien
Aserbaidschan
Bahrain
Belarus
Bolivien
Brasilien
Cabo Verde
Chile
Dominikanische Republik
Honduras
Irak
Israel
Katar
Kolumbien
Kosovo
Kuwait
Moldova
Nordmazedonien
Oman
Panama
Peru
Russland
Saudi-Arabien
Schweden
Serbien
Südafrika
Turks- und Caicos-Inseln
Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Latest on entering Croatia.

There is a form you have to fill in on that site.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message