Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

You also have to find the aircraft. The vast majority of owners of “nice” planes don’t want to rent them out, for obvious reasons. Especially as airline pilots don’t have a particularly stellar record of not crashing GA planes

The other thing is that the aircraft callsign will appear on FR24, going all over the place, and the owner (who is nowhere near the aircraft) is going to get slagged off on social media for behaving irresponsibly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

6+ seats

One french flight school is using a TB20, there must be a lower limit.

ESMK, Sweden

During lockdown “MAINTENANCE FLIGHTS” are authorised by NOTAM. This week I called Belgian DGTA to ask clearance for a “maintenance flight” to run our engine but it was denied.
Though I can drive to the airport, open the hangar with my badge, take off, land and drive back home without physically meeting anybody !

Last Edited by Jean at 11 Apr 13:40
Jean
EBST, Belgium

Arne wrote:

One french flight school is using a TB20, there must be a lower limit.

Ive seen a few small GA aircraft flying in France this last week, I suspect they are flying under the maintenance derogation.
Unless you know for sure that the aeroplane is flying under the AOPA scheme?

Regards, SD..

Not sure if this has been posted already but this is the latest Belgian reg which allows an hour per month of flying or something like that. Perhaps someone can translate.

That is more sensible and would prevent widespread engine damage.

Administrator

1 flight per month, max 1 hr, adep=ades, max 25nm away from adep, flightplan required, max 1 pob, and only when engine manufacturer requires it for airworthiness.

EBST, Belgium

Thanks.

and only when engine manufacturer requires it for airworthiness.

That isn’t exactly specified numerically for pistons. It is for jets (30 days for Cessna and Lear for example).

So this may be worthless, in the end…

Administrator

The CAA accepts (and states) that this is recommended for most Conti’s and Lyco’s. I’ve seen this recommendation as well for my Conti TSIO360. Of course I can’t find it
right away. But it doesn’t matter. According to the maintenance handbook the engine should be run weekly !

Anyway, I’m going up tomorrow before we get a complete lockdown thanks to the monkeys who can’t even uphold this mild lockdown :-/

EBST, Belgium

Quote it when you find it, lest I should need it… Would probably work better than trying to explain that I need to change kitty litter in a plane, and why…

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Quote it when you find it, lest I should need it…

Best I could find for now:

EBST, Belgium
Sign in to add your message