Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Qalupalik wrote:

This is stuff of Alexis de Tocqueville’s soft despotism

That’s very wise.

It would be fascinating to know who wrote this “guidance”. It seems to me trying to dictate staying near the airfield is just easy for tracking and would reduce any amount of pleasure a person could get from doing an A-A flight going elsewhere.

Silvaire wrote:

I still think closing the parking lots and stopping at that is generally the better idea.

But Silvaire – are you beginning to support restrictions to people’s freedom?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Fenland_Flyer wrote:
Is there any legal basis for this absurd “instruction” from our CAA? If not how can it be enforced?

I would love to know this too. Reading the text carefully I note that this is “guidance”, and that there are lots of “shoulds”. And all the “musts” are subsidiary once again to the fact that this is all “guidance”.

I suspect that they would have a hard time winning a legal case against a pilot on the basis of this, but who knows!

I have the good fortune of operating from my own farm strip. I did an engine maintenance flight three days ago, but of course climbed as fast as possible to several thousand ft AGL and kept away from both the home circuit and any villages so as to avoid annoying anyone, or inciting the police callers.

Last Edited by Buckerfan at 18 Apr 10:14
Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

The CAA text says the manufacturer guidance is to be followed.

Lycoming SL180B

The whole thing is guidance anyway. It is not in the ANO or any other legislation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
EIMH, Ireland

Went flying today, even got some dual time because the types I was already familiar with were either booked or grounded. Lots of activity at the airport. Both circuit flying and A-B flights took place.

The school owner said there had been a new clarification from our local aviation authority (not the LBA, but the Lower Saxon Department of Transport) that all flights without “guests” were permitted. Student pilots do not count as guests, hence flight training is legal.

We flew with masks on. I felt silly but quickly got used to it. Weather was excellent and I am now newly qualified to fly a PA-28. Great aircraft, love it!

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Ireland advises no GA flights should take place

Not even access to the aircraft for engine preservation or ground running?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anyone know how France are applying the regs to GA?

LFMD - Cannes Mandelieu, EGLL - London Heathrow, France

Airborne_Again wrote:

Silvaire wrote:

I still think closing the parking lots and stopping at that is generally the better idea.

But Silvaire – are you beginning to support restrictions to people’s freedom?

The opposite Unlike direct controls on people’s behavior, closing the parking lots is closer to being within legal authority outside of martial law.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 18 Apr 14:06

How does one get fuel for the “engine preservation” flight if a land away is barred?

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message