Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

I am sure Emir will have cheap booz now to enjoy it under the sun (beer brand is already down 150m$ and will start to sell cheap )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I might recommend Negra Modello or other local choices over Corona (building contractor’s beer) Enjoy the Yucatan.

I’ll be in Vegas for a day next weekend… I’m not worried about that!

However my plans also include northern Italy and Corsica in June and it’d be good if it were a warm June south of the Alps, with many days over 27 C.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 03 Mar 23:20

Snoopy wrote:

Certainly the best way to deal with corona… drink it on a beach :)
Enjoy your vacation

Thanks! It will be a lot of cave diving and a lot of Corona in the evening… senoritas as unfortunately forbidden

Ibra wrote:

I am sure Emir will have cheap booz now to enjoy it under the sun

No doubt

Silvaire wrote:

I might recommend Negra Modello or other local choices over Corona (building contractor’s beer)

TBH Negra Modelo used to be my favourite but last few years I switched to craft bears with Chupacabra being the best.

Last Edited by Emir at 04 Mar 17:49
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Surely everyone is going out of their way to drink Corona beer and play ‘Pandemic’ these days.

I’m just watching 12 Monkeys for light relief

Biggin Hill

Yesterday the idiots here announced they will stop reporting new cases (or maybe just their locations, depending on interpretation) except at weekly intervals. Massive s**t must have hit the fan over that because it is so obvious that people need to know where outbreaks are, so they can make decisions on travel, etc. And sure enough the very next morning we have

They are still not going to give actually useful details, presumably because the gutter press will try to publish names and addresses of those infected.

We still have schools sending kids to Italy for ski trips. This is completely nuts, but the parents are demanding value for money and that the school fulfils its primary purpose (a babysitting service)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

We still have schools sending kids to Italy for ski trips.

At the same time Italians closed their schools

I hope this madness will soon come to its end because it starts to influence economy badly without any real reason. Misinformation, under-education, poor knowledge and panic are taking their toll.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

At least the UK government hasn’t decided to “temporarily” release prisoners yet.

The whole question of is this worse than the flu or not as bad as the flu is misplaced.

The fact is that worldwide between 250,000 – 500,000 die each year because of the flu. If we had a chance to eradicate the flu from the community and not suffer these deaths, then we’d take it with open arms!

Aside from the lives saved, the saving in healthcare alone would be massive never mind lost productivity.

Having a second flu like illness circulating each year would be very expensive in healthcare costs.

But unlike the flu, we do actually have a possibility of eradicating this disease if we can get on top of it before it become endemic in the community. The Chinese seem to be getting on top of it, so, so can us Europeans. If everyone gets on top of it before it’s beyond our control, we can eradicate this forever.

A short term hit to the economy now is preferable to a significant annual cost for a second seasonal flu like illness.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

The Chinese seem to be getting on top of it, so, so can us Europeans.

I don’t think so. What the Chinese have done is possible only for an authoritarian state with a well-functioning public sector. I doubt even Hungary and Poland could pull that off and they are arguably the most authoritarian states in the EU.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message