Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Racetrack declares race “protest” It was only a matter of time. Any such fly in one may have could be termed a protest fly in then thus free of any pesky laws….

I wouldn’t worry about rednecks in the Carolinas. They drink so much ’shine that covid has no chance of survival ;)

LKTB->EGBJ, United Kingdom

Ha yes. A protest fly-in at Glenswinton. Surely nobody could object to that.

Just need to round up a crowd of suitably revolting pilots.

Overnight camping only for Maule drivers who are, of course, classed as “elite athletes”…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Life is not easy for a mod when several posts cover two current threads concurrently, and which follow on from posts which were squarely in one of them. Where does one move them?

Just found out that the data here is basically crap. It excludes

This is a part of the data which they should be publishing:

The numbers here, no matter how you shake them, are way higher than those at the above link

33% of the UK is “key workers”. So you are right if you assume the delivery driver, the postman, etc is potentially delivering infected stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

Anybody with a brain understands that the current protests wouldn’t have occurred if healthy urban dwellers hadn’t been quarantined for months,

Excuse me but the protesters protesting the lockdown, were put down and scolded by the Media and Politicians as dangerous. Calling those people as uncaring and putting lives at risk with their behavior of not social distancing.

Then fast forward one or two, weeks later, and its ok not to social distance because its for a higher good and peoples lives actually dont matter as much it was postulated. I dont know how else it can be explained. Perhaps because the authorities knew, after the 2nd month, that closing down the stores and business really was not effective in stopping the infection. But it would wreck the economy and help usher in a more Merkle friendly administration with the next election. Unless of course I give them too much credit and in fact they are totally incompetent.

Another thought, was there a lockdown which helped precipitate the Rodney King riots? Or the Ferguson riots, Freddie Grey riots, Crown Heights race riots, ML King Riots, Newark riots, Watts riots? Just want to put things into perspective for the CNN and BBC watchers.

While Im at it most, of the protesters that I saw on TV were young and a lot appeared to be college students in the Milwaukee riots. I guess since the colleges are closed they needed credit for their liberal arts degrees and appearing at these protests will earn them college credits toward graduation.

KHTO, LHTL

Can we trust anything the W.H.O. says anymore?
PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION
WHO: Asymptomatic Spread of CCP Virus ‘Very Rare’
BY MIMI NGUYEN LY June 9, 2020 Updated: June 9, 202
https://www.theepochtimes.com/who-asymptomatic-spread-of-ccp-virus-very-rare_3381512.html#

KHTO, LHTL

Surely “crew” are also key workers ;-)

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Surely any news outlet which calls it the “CCP Virus” when there is a perfectly valid and neutral scientific name for the virus is not to be trusted?

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

not to be trusted?

much like the CCP

Tricky one.

I think there are mainly two types of scientists:

• those who think the Chinese are concealing info and are happy to say so
  • those who think the Chinese are concealing info and are trying to look scientific so they don’t want to say so because it reduces their credibility

So one can call it “CCP” but as a scientist it diminishes your credibility.

If you are not a scientist then it doesn’t matter

That epochtimes rag above is collecting email addresses… I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole. But then most papers worth reading are behind paywalls anyway.

Coming back to my last post above, it looks like roughly 90% of infections are not being declared in the regional breakdowns. So while the virus may be really low in the general population away from major population centres and mass transport, it certainly isn’t as low among the population which “mixes” a lot.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message