Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

kwlf wrote:

I read the French study on Hydroxychloroquine and was not impressed. That’s not to say it might not help, but I wouldn’t bank on it.

What you said is right. Until last week, many people were doing trip to marseille to be cured with hydrochloroquine, and actually Marseille is showing the lowest rate of death/contaminated and death/hospitalized in France. On the 31st March, 47 deaths for 193 in intensive care, 862p in hospital.
But this been said, the study was rushed and actually wasn’t prepared as a real clinical study.
Today, many voices are raising in the medical french domains to let doctors give hydrochloroquine to people with a followup and an electrocardiogram. The effect “are known” to greatly reduce “viral charge” before virus can exand seriously and touch the lungs, but has very little effect when situation gets worse.

What I hear is that this drug is given when people are going to africa when there are risk of malaria, and in order to do that, doctor has to ensure that you don’t have a heart misformation that can make this drug a deadly one.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 07 Apr 07:09
LFMD, France

Silvaire wrote:

We have two groups of people from Europe planning to visit us here in the US in mid-summer and I think it’ll probably work out. Locally there is little going on now, and by mid-May or whenever the paranoia will end as the fatality rate sinks to zero

Only one problem, the virus is still around, and it has only infected a tiny fraction of the population. You forget that the only reason it is possible to keep it in check, the basic principle behind those graphs, is to isolate people from each other. Relax on the isolation measures, and it will bloom with Re=2.5 again. We are still in deep shit, way above our heads. From now and until some vaccine or other medicine exist, the only thing we can do is to balance the Re, so that it remains slightly below 1. Herd immunity and all that, forget it.

Maybe we will get lucky. Maybe it simply will go away. But so far, nothing points in that direction, quite the opposite. It will most probably stay around forever.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I don’t want to speculate too much on the origin of the virus and we’re not going to get anything honest out of China. But it’s also worth noting that from a declassified document 2018 the FBI caught a Chinese scientist smuggling vials containing SARS into the US Link to Yahoo news article. . Maybe it’s totally innocent, but it does seem pretty shady and presumably way out of normal safety protocols for transport.

Off_Field wrote:

into the US Link to Yahoo news article. .

That is a pretty up to date article except for the Bio information I gave out about the lab in NC University. That was not mentioned. The Chinese biologist stopped with the undeclared agents in 2018 as was stated in the article indicates that agents are not only coming in but also going out.

Try connecting the dots. The DOD funds many early scientific experiments in University labs. Once the pure science indicates a possible application it can use it is then taken into the DOD govt labs. That is not just bio but electronics and a host of other things. That does not mean it vacuums up everything. The knowledge is bifurcated for further civilian use and the other for National Defense use. DOD then proceeds with further research applicable to the DOD. Whats so difficult to understand?

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/harvard-university-professor-and-two-chinese-nationals-charged-three-separate-china-related

KHTO, LHTL

JasonC wrote:

The information you have from the nutty One America News Network??? Come on. They make Fox News look left wing!

You bias is showing.

Airborne_Again wrote:

You can’t? Under what laws and in what countries? And is it any different from manufacturers of other (approved) medication?

In the US. Too many lawsuits. Manufacturers and Docs were refusing to administer the vaccines in the US. No its just an exemption for vaccines.

MIbra wrote:

The vaccine development and full scale vaccination will take probably longer than that, 2 or 3 years, by the time some got a vaccine ready this would have stopped

You are right for a normal vaccine development. However everything is being fast tracked because it has been declared a National Emergency. So cutting red tape is ok however cutting corners and possibly injuring people is not. The year is the number being thrown about by the CDC. I think it will take longer and by that time it wont be such an emergency.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Whats so difficult to understand?

That there is only one way to connect the dots.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

JasonC wrote:

If the Lupus drug works (which is not accepted by any credible source) great

It’s also used for Malaria and Rheumatoid arthritis. It is has been approved by the FDA for use against Covid-19 infection.
It’s a fluid situation. Whats your point?

NY Gov requires patients who think they have the virus to go to hospitals to receive the drug treatment. Most other states allow the MD practitioner to prescribe outside the hospital setting. I think in Nevada last I heard banned its use because two people took a fish tank product that sounded the same and died. Can you imagine a Gov that is such a dope. But yes a lot of politicians are more than ignorant.

KHTO, LHTL

Sweden has a seasonal outbreak of the highly contagious norovirus every winter. This winter the spread of the disease closely mirrored that of the previous three winters until the point when Sweden introduced its voluntary restrictions and recommendations. The outbreak then ended suddenly — six-seven weeks earlier that previous years.

Since the norovirus has a very short incubation period (12-24 hours) you can see almost immediately whether preventive measures against virus spread have had effect.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The issues with the drug are:

1) Supply. There is a global shortage and the patients who need it for the traditional indications will suffer greatly if it is all repurposed to treat COVID.

2) Danger. If you give it to millions of people then a fair few will die. Worthwhile if it works.

3) If people assume that it will work, then they may come to harm because of not taking hygiene measures that are known to work.

We are taking part in a clinical trial locally. There is no reason for this to be a long-winded process and there are lots of questions such as when the best time to give it would be, and what doses should be given, that a properly designed study should answer.

C210_Flyer wrote:

You bias is showing.

Pot, kettle, black ?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message