Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

France "Citizen's Climate Convention"

Malibuflyer wrote:

to conclude finally that the best way to spread a rumor is: “

I could of course link to Swedish media, but that wouldn’t be of much use to most readers here.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Cobalt wrote:

Overall, however, the statement itself is not really meaningful, just an interesting soundbite.

This should really be in the other topic, but I have seen more than one report about the knock-on effects of C19 policy in well developed countries and how adding a few years to the lives of those in rich countries is actually killing those in poor countries. Unsurprisingly this isnt being widely reported in the national media (of an country). Its like any C19 Lockdown effect story : its easy to identify a business that has shut directly impacting someone, but less easy to identify those businesses that are 2, 3 or more steps down the line and laying people off.

Apparently, the avgas tax increase (23cts/L IIRC) is not in the “projet de loi” which will be submitted to the parliament this year.
The complete ban on banner towing is in.
Public use airports would not be allowed any new increase in capacity (but not restricted-use ones).

This seems a much reduced version of what was originally feared.

What happened to the ban on flights if one can drive or take a train in less than x hours?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Things change a lot here when politics, realism and liberty are factored in.
But Citizens Conventions are a good way to put up ideas to be shot down later.

France

Although as Louis XVI found out, you’re just as likely to loose control of the whole thing.

The problem with asking people for their views is that, not unreasonably, they then expect you to follow them.

Last Edited by denopa at 08 Mar 10:25
EGTF, LFTF

And when you do the other 50% of the population take to the streets to protest. The yellow vests started as a protest of tax rises on fuel. But one of the reasons M. Macron and his party were elected was to reduce France’s CO2 emissions by hiking the tax on fuel:)

France

The other problem with “question on your views” is unlike a general election you don’t get the whole package that goes with it
As Anatole de Monzie said: the heart on the left but the wallet on the right !

Another example is referendums where I can easily cast X instead of Y then on general election I vote for a party with policy supporting Y
I am sure the Swiss & the Brits know the frustration

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

This law is the 3875 if you want to look it up. link
4941 amendments have been submitted. I can’t find any about the avgas tax.

Article 37 forbids any significant upgrade on all public use airport/airfield installations.

Wait and see.

LFOU, France

Well, it’s happening!

No more domestic flights which can’t be done by train in 2.5 hours.

And I suppose if they are willing to castrate their airline business, GA will not be on the forefront of protected species either. Apart, wonder what the law reads, maybe GA is already part of this.

French lawmakers approve a ban on short domestic flights

https://news.yahoo.com/french-lawmakers-approve-ban-short-100558114.html

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

No more domestic flights which can’t be done by train in 2.5 hours.

I wonder how much of French domestic flights will actually be affected by this. France has a very good high-speed train network. Given that trains take you directly to the city center (while airports are generally a fair distance outside) the hassle involved in commercial flying with safety checks, check-in, long walking distances in terminals, the much longer periods you can work undisturbed on a train trip, I would prefer trains over airlines in any case somewhere around that train travel time. Which is, I guess, the precise reason they picked 2.5 hours.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 12 Apr 11:55
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message