Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CAP1430 - NOTAM changing effective 28 September 2021

Obviously the most important news of the day, but the acronym will be Notice to Aviation from 28 September, according to CAP1430

CAP1430 UK Air Traffic Management Vocabulary local copy

I don’t know if this is UK-specific or not.

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Charlie wrote:

I don’t know if this is UK-specific or not.

Some of it is. Every definition has a reference. If it “CAA”, then that concept is UK-specific.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Well nothing changed here ICAO PANS-ATM (Doc 4444)

Maybe has to do with UK CAA getting their hands with Drones/UAV? or with FISO/AG/OPS? something about NOTAM that wwould have been obvious to PIC/ATC but not very obvious to the others?

ICAO doc 4444

Last Edited by Ibra at 27 Aug 13:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Its funny that when even the Sky newsreader on reading aloud Grant Schapps’ Notam (Notice to Aviation) said "shouldn’t that be “notice to airmen”.
If they are going to change it perhaps they should issue a Notam so that we all know of the change

France

I wonder how many man hours they put into thinking about this

We're glad you're here
Oxford EGTK

Not as many as they put into making their correspondence LGBTQ+ compliant. Not kidding; I’ve just seen a letter signed

[an obviously male name]
(he/him) <— to tell you “they” are to be addressed as a man

and I bet they paid 5 digits to a consultancy, possibly Stonewall, for this stuff.

Don’t get me wrong. Some of my greatest and best friends are gay. But this is an “organisation” which struggles to get a f-ing printer working in less than a week (they actually say so) so they can print off a newly issued license! I would love to post the letter but it would be unfair to the writer who quite possibly is also tearing his bloody hair out working in such an environment…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter, the he/him, her/she activism is now fairly common in signature blocks (here), particularly from certain quarters like corporate HR. At the doctors office here they now ask you how you’d like to be addressed, verbally. This confused my wife and they had to patiently spell it out for her, but at the same place a coworker replied “I identify as Supreme Being Ed”, and they did it (smiling as they did so apparently). Like everything inane this too shall pass, it’s just a matter of how long it will take and how much time wasting distraction it will cause before it’s gone.

More humorously I was on a trip to Carmel California a while ago (a PC kind of place in general, not withstanding Clint Eastwood influence) and asked a fashionable looking guy if his dog was male or female. He replied that it identified as a transgender giraffe, but that I could call it fluffy… somehow holding a straight face so I wasn’t quite sure if he was joking

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Aug 15:34

It’s great to see that some people maintaining as sense of humour when faced with PC crap.
I hope you took pictures of fluffy the transgender giraffe. It deserves to go viral in the hope that the perpetrators of such stuff might see how ludicrous they are being.
Yes call out and fight racism, mysogeny, inequality but please don’t make that goal ridiculous.

France
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message