Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Class 1 medical extension with a private doctor

In Poland any AME I interacted with was “private” and the interaction cost me between 100 and 300 EUR.
For initial issue of a class 1 cert no records were obtained, to the best of my knowledge, but it did take pretty much all day and included a psychological evaluation, both written (test) and in-person.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

The use of the word Revalidation in English might be more to do with language than linguistics.
In France the word used is “prorogation” which for want of understanding in English we use the word revalidation in forums like this, but the real literal translation is a little different it more means “extension”.

France

Having held a civil medical since 1973 mostly Class 1s, I have never ever had an “Initial” medical. My initial Class II just turned into a Class 1 with an RAF doctor. I have never ever heard of anyone having a second “initial” medical.

Tumbleweed wrote:

Having held a civil medical since 1973 mostly Class 1s, I have never ever had an “Initial” medical. My initial Class II just turned into a Class 1 with an RAF doctor. I have never ever heard of anyone having a second “initial” medical.

I did, after having had my medical lapse for some 17 years.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

There is an obscure provision in EASA Part MED which enables a pilot to get trapped into an Initial Class 1 after 5 or more years or not renewing the Class 1.

It was a potential gotcha for those who failed the Class 1 audiogram but got into the Class 1 pipeline via the old ICAO CPL/ATPL to CAA CPL/ATPL route (which probably still exists, under the table; used to be £300) and who then didn’t renew their Euro medical because of the N-reg derogations – until the IR requirements finally allowed this concession for private pilots, a few years ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message