Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

YouTuber bails out due to stopped engine (looks like it was staged)

Didn’t know if this one should be posted in “funny stuff related to flying” or here and don’t know why it didn’t come up earlier… However, it has all been “resolved”. It’s no fake!! Poor Trevor has been sucked out of his plane due to the pressure gradient which built up upon opening of the door. As a measure of precaution he shut down the engine. It is all explained here:

Explanatory video:

Last Edited by UdoR at 10 Jan 14:40
Germany

“Oh my god – the door has come open! And so what do you do when the door comes open – you’ve got to turn the engine off! Because when you are flying too fast when that door comes open you get sucked right out, and Trevor knows this!”

“He is cussing because this is a very real scary situation and it is in no way staged!”

Brilliant, made my day!

Biggin Hill

California has a lot to answer for..

I bet this was a better idea in his mind than it turned out.

The problem is that stuff like this does not help GA, I’m sure we all know people who wont fly CAT let alone a small aircraft. And now they are going to be sucked out of the plane if the door opens. I know people who ride powerful, fast motorbikes who are happy to lean over so that their knees touch the floor on tight corners, who would actually believe this rubbish. I just hope he doesn’t get too many clicks.

France

Didn’t know if this one should be posted in “funny stuff related to flying” or here and don’t know why it didn’t come up earlier

He is brilliant, I enjoy his channel, he has a good sense of pilot humour, lot of Cirrus & Grumman jokes

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Jan 21:46
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Trevor Jacob is a murderer. He killed a perfect airplane.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

UdoR wrote:

However, it has all been “resolved”. It’s no fake!! Poor Trevor has been sucked out of his plane due to the pressure gradient which built up upon opening of the door. As a measure of precaution he shut down the engine. It is all explained here:
Clearly the best video on this accident I’ve ever seen! He is right, it happens all the time that people get sucked out of their plane. Imagine if the door comes open… First point on the checklist: Shut down the engine! Great report, great the accident has been resolved so fast.
Last Edited by Frans at 13 Jan 22:26
Switzerland

Looking at this sequence, keeping “his friend” in a plastic bag like herb for the next joint is just funny and soooo ridiculous.
By the way “just plane silly” is so fun. The “How to Survive the worst aviation EMERGENCY” has also made my day :D

LFMD, France

The plot thickens as it appears he had a fire extinguisher strapped to each leg under his trousers when he bailed out. Most likely to extinguish a post crash fire to save his go-pro equipment. He also hired a helicopter to remove the wreckage before the NTSB got there.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Well, whatever actually happened here, a chute (brs or personal) is what will keep you alive if the engine quits and there is no fields available.

“Pilots” using hours and hours in their armchairs looking at the video “spotting” landable areas is just fantastically stupid. The Cirrus mantra “pull fast, pull often” or whatever it was, is the only right thing to do from a statistical point of view.

Besides, it’s easy for a youtuber to argue that he bring along cameras for every occasion, even emergency ones, and have trained and prepared for them. It’s after all what he does, making videos of all things happening.

The reports from the FAA/NTSB will be interesting reads. In the mean time, there is not much to comment other than general stuff IMO.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message