Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mooney makes a comeback

I checked the announced sales price of Cirrus as a firm to China, it was $210 million. It is billed as a merger, but I believe the new investor holds 100%?

By 2011 they should have been forecasting profit again, and tangible net assets were unlikely to be as high as $210mn, which might suggest the sale was agreed based on earnings. An earnings before tax of around $15mn?, or ca.$50k per unit sold?

Very crude estimates working back from the announced sales price, unit volume and new prices.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

It is billed as a merger

Everything has to be called a “merger” today, especially in the USA

Also everybody is a “strategic partner”. Especially if you are “going forward” and want to “reach out”.

One could compile a whole dictionary of corporate bullsh*t

One of my customers, who says we are among his “supply chain partners”, employs a former gangster in Bulgaria whose technique consists of saying “we accept no price increases, ever, or the deal is off the table”. It is a UK offshoot of a $20BN US company, with a new private jet parked in the UK, whose US shareholders (oops stockholders) would not be so happy if they used this supply chain partner management technique on US soil

$50k per unit sold

What is the average trade price of an SR22? This sounds like 10-15% net profit, which is good for any large business.

Last Edited by Peter at 26 Jan 09:10
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

employs a former gangster in Bulgaria whose technique consists of saying “we accept no price increases, ever, or the deal is off the table”.

he he, do tell… former?

Not quite unfamiliar with this kind of “tactics” in Bulgaria. Having built there, I can tell you that this kind of speak is basically standard but by no means final. Quite a few workers who tried that one on my wife got some colourful reply (which was too fast for me to understand, yea right) after which they left the premises only to return 20 minutes later with a new offer. Plan one week for that and one week to get the work done

Mind, in some cases people with that background work better than those whose background is in government. At least the terms “deal” or “getting things done” are not totally off their scope.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
So why have we reached this decline? Primarily because today’s politics violate the primary rule about safety and security set forth by Benjamin Franklin nearly 300 years ago:

“Whoever is willing to sacrifice freedom for a bit of temporary security and safety deserves neither.”

MooneyDriver, if there was a ‘Like’ button her, I would have pressed it repeatedly. Spot on.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney Resumes Production Feb. 26
Link

LKKU, LKTB

If I bought a new Mooney now – would I rather buy one that’s been sitting there unfinished for four years, or buy one that’s built 2014 – by apprentices and car mechanics training on the job?

I visited Cessna in the 1990s when they had just started building the 172/182 again in their new plant in Independence, Kansas. The first planes that came out of that factory were of terrible quality and looked like they were hand painted.

would I rather buy one that’s been sitting there unfinished for four years

Depends on where the engine has been sitting for those 4 years

For additional information, ask any TB2x GT owner who purchased 2002/2003

Or look here – search for the word “crated”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Glad the Mooney is back. A very easy to fly machine and most capable as well. Mum used to take one into all sorts of “bush” strips and the Mooney handled the strips with ease. I love the sports car feel it gives when you slide into the left seat.

I do wish them every success.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

let´s move this thread at 500 posts level ;-)
Link

LKKU, LKTB
Sign in to add your message