Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Coming out: bought an Arrow!

Congratulations Mateusz! You will enjoy ownership. Completely different than renting. It opens so many possibilities!
Nice clean aircraft and terrific instrumentation. In my opinion, an engine monitor is the best thing you can do to your aircraft. I had and EDM930 (same as yours with larger LCD panel) installed in my bird shortly after buying it.

You are hereby officially invited to do a “burger run” to EDQN – we don’t have burgers but pizzas are delicious. Pizza’s on me obviously :)
Just let me know a bit in advance to ensure I am at the airfield on that day (composing with a family not involved in aviation at all – and a partner who wants me to take care of our kid at least 50% of the time but does not allow me to go fly with him – can be difficult at times.)

— Etienne, aircraft owner since 2021 :)

Last Edited by etn at 01 Apr 18:50
etn
EDQN, Germany

PS. For me who don’t know a thing about PA28’s, what’s the deal with the T-Tail?

etn
EDQN, Germany

Not much. It was just a fashion, adopted by Piper in the late seventies and eighties. No real advantages. Most people say that in flight, it handles a bit differently to the conventional tail Arrow. It does perform less well on short and soft field takeoffs and landings.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Raising the tail from turbulent air such as propwash and airframe effects, was supposed to give a better feel in the controls and reduce noise and vibration that can be transmitted back to the cabin.
The downside for shortfield operations is that elevator authority, assisted by propwash, is reduced so airspeed needs to be slightly more managed. Not a big deal but rumours persist.

United Kingdom

No real advantages.

Stability & smoothness in the cruise (98% of one’s flying time).

Last Edited by Peter_G at 01 Apr 20:49
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Congratulations and welcome to the family of Arrow owners. I’m sure you will come to really appreciat the airplane – I do.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Really happy 4 you! Have fun and share as much as possible!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I would have a thousand questions for the OP
@etn, could you post a few infos of the install of an EDM in your robin ? I think you could debunk a lot of rumors about electronics in Robins.
Sorry to hijack the thread.

LFOU, France

Robin EDM posts moved here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you everyone for your support and even more kind words :)

etn wrote:

You are hereby officially invited to do a “burger run” to EDQN

Thanks, it probably will not happen as the first thing, but l shall certainly remember this invitation :)

Last Edited by Mateusz at 03 Apr 11:24
EPKM, Poland
Sign in to add your message