Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Christmas Spirit Thanks

dublinpilot wrote:

@Emir – I’ve been lucky enough to meet Emir (I think) four times now, at various flyins. Emir lives and breaths aviation, and is a very experienced pilot and is always happy to share his knowledge which he manages to do in a non-judgemental way. He’s equally nice in person as he is on the forum.

Thanks for these kind words. I didn’t have the opportunity to reply earlier because of being last few days at remote location with no internet. I remember when we first met (10 years ago? more?) when you absolutely persuaded Hinda that your job was ensuring safe street crossing to school children. She’s far from being naive person but you were so serious that she didn’t have any other option than to trust you

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Antonio also the Q’uran venerates Mary. Perhaps there should be a fly in to Ancona, the cathedral being home to our lady of Loreto, patron saint of pilots and cabin crew :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Thanks @dublinpilot for your thoughtful post, and I could only echo what you and others have said about our community. I have once or twice dipped my toe in other fora, only to quickly withdraw. So for me it’s basically EuroGA only where to learn and interact with nice folks. However, a few weeks ago a Bristell owners forum has been set up by two nice Germans which seems to have the same positive vibe as ours.

Thanks @Peter for all the work you put in. I know you do it because you like it, but still..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

RobertL18C wrote:

there should be a fly in to Ancona

I’ll vote for that one. LIPY no longer has avgas but it has a long runway and instrument approaches, it may work. There is even a 650m airfield (MC06 former aviosuperficie, unsure of its current category under Italian regs) right next to the basilica! Surely a lot of the renegade fleet would join in on that one!

@Nuccio posted on ..a Holy Flight to Loreto and lest the thread diverts too much we maybe could post further therein before @Peter asks us out of here!

Last Edited by Antonio at 29 Dec 18:43
Antonio
LESB, Spain

I’m honoured to be in @dublinpilot’s random sample. After such a comprehensive initial post it’s difficult to follow up with a worthy response.

I particularly enjoy the shorter trip reports on EuroGA, what might be called travel writing: to read about and see somewhere completely new, with some background information on e.g. history and culture. A quick example from @Pavel. That’s the beauty of the aeroplane: it opens up a whole world of previously unknown and almost unreachable destinations.

I’ll add thanks to:

@Silvaire for making me see the world differently (in aviation and outside)

@Graham for logical analysis, making something new suddenly blindingly obvious

@kwlf for analysis and insight, and a medical viewpoint

@Ultranomad for a wealth of practical and mechanical knowledge

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

@Capitaine, I feel privileged to be mentioned by you among all the big names on this forum. I am just an enthusiastic consumer of the wealth of information shared by others, yet I feel proud to be a member of the EuroGA family of fellow aviators.

Here is what I want to say:

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message