Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is Gendec.eu down for anyone else/alternate way to file a gendec for dutch authorities..

I’m trying to register an account and once I enter my Name/Email/Contact number and click through I have a 403 error ‘You don’t have permission to access/gebruiker/register on this server’.

I have tried different devices and browsers.

Failing that – is there another way to notify the dutch Border Police (Royal Marechaussee)?

From what I have read, filing on Gendec.eu would have meant I needn’t have completed an online GAR – I assume I can’t file an online gar and that go to the dutch authorities instead?

Flight to Rotterdam & back tomorrow..

Cheers

Edit and this is probably in the wrong forum.. sorry.

Last Edited by Al_Kee at 13 Mar 14:27
United Kingdom

Al_Kee wrote:

I’m trying to register an account and once I enter my Name/Email/Contact number and click through I have a 403 error ‘You don’t have permission to access/gebruiker/register on this server’.

Use the “contact” form to the right of the registration form to warn them.

Al_Kee wrote:

Failing that – is there another way to notify the dutch Border Police (Royal Marechaussee)?

Muaah, the web page of the Marechaussee itself says to use gendec.eu

ELLX

Panic over, it works now..

United Kingdom

Well it’s working for me but you do have to go to www.gendec.eu

Its flaky to use though because you have to do things in the order that the programmer expected!

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Edit and this is probably in the wrong forum

No; it’s fine here.

This kind of thing shows how programmer incompetence can drop a pilot into really deep sh*it because if some website fails and you still fly, you might get arrested.

IME the majority of people writing server-side code are inexperienced and just knock up something around some today-fashionable library (called “framework” in the right lingo). For something like gendec.eu they need to have two redundant servers, etc.

you do have to go to www.gendec.eu

A really basic stupid DNS config error. All the various combinations need to work. However, in Chrome, I can’t replicate it right now. But then the failure might have been only DNS anyway.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

gendec.eu works but it seems the SSL certificate is expired

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Another nice one Yeah, the cron job to renew the cert runs perfectly… until it breaks… That is why EuroGA is behind Cloudflare: if their HTTPS cert runs out, all hell breaks loose and they fix it immediately.

Administrator

Peter_Mundy wrote:

gendec.eu works but it seems the SSL certificate is expired

No, gendec.eu exists and presents a certificate that is valid and not expired, but valid only for www.gendec.eu and www.gendec.nl, not for gendec.eu

On this failure, Chromium (and thus certainly also Google Chrome) shows the error message “Your connection is not private” with error code NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID, but Firefox just tries again with www.gendec.eu, like it does when the DNS entry doesn’t exist.

ELLX

Firefox just tries again with www.gendec.eu

I reckon Chrome does that too because it works

But this shows various problems.

Administrator

I had tried using Edge

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message