Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What kind of topics would you most like to see on EuroGA?

CKN wrote:

I thought some pireps on aircraft flown/owned and what is it like to fly might be interesting

I second that!

LECU - Madrid, Spain

Peter wrote:

However, for now, could everyone start a thread on their favourite plane(s) first and if it takes off we can then turn it into a “structure” and move the threads in there.

I would suggest in Hangar Talk, and make sure the topic name is clear e.g. “PA28-181 Archer” etc.

I took the liberty to start the collection. I am looking forward to read more first hand experience.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I’m off to Germany but when I return I ’ll see if I can knock one out on the various Luscombes…

@mh – your pirep is great and is even better than what I had in mind!
@silvaire – very much looking forward to your review on Luscombes.

CKN
EGLM (White Waltham)

Excellent stuff!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@mh
Excellent review of Morane Saulnier. As an owner of the MS893E (180HP) model (2 in a row), I’ll add some comments and pictures when I have time.

Tököl LHTL

One thing that I find very useful is the pireps section of the eddh.de web site, which is essentially German-only.
eddh.de pireps
search on an ICAO indicator
As an example, enter LFGA to see what is returned. Format is always the same. Then click on the “56 Pireps” link to see all the pireps.

I think something similar here would be useful to all those pilots who don’t speak German. It wouldn’t replace the trip reports, but rather be a reference element. The format is very succinct and allows an easy search to find the latest pireps from visits to an extremely large number of airfields. The data currency relies on our input, but if everyone spent a few minutes after each trip to enter a paragraph with comments for each field visited incl fees, taxi charges, etc, etc, it would all build up very quickly. Even just a note saying “previous entry confirmed” 3 or 4 months later is useful.

Last Edited by chflyer at 22 Dec 16:20
LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

One thing that I find very useful is the pireps section of the eddh.de web site, which is essentially German-only.

I think we could have more of such functional stuff. Be it links to other databases, maybe maintained databases here. Differences in SERA for instance, or VFR waypoints, smaller airfields and so on. Te main work would probably be to get these things on a format that is easy to use and maintain. It cannot be hidden in threads.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

We have a new forum section called “Aircraft” – here

This is for aircraft type specific postings.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message