Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bringing Fuel Onto Airfields

Jan, thank you. Apologies that in this context I was thinking of UK airfields. It is a UK CAA Guidance document that the airfield is interpreting to mean that we cannot bring petrol station forecourt fuel airside. However I suppose in EASA land, every little helps

EGBP, United Kingdom
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I’ve enviously enjoyed reading the many trip reports during recent months – maybe I will improve my in-flight photography skills by next year and hopefully make some contribution. It seems that one big issue which often has a significant financial effect during these trips is the frequent need to pay large airport landing fees and subsequent higher fuel costs, due to lack of availability of fuel at alternative unlicensed airfields. Residents of our airfield ( all permit aircraft) are fortunate that mogas is an approved fuel, and we each transport our own fuel from the local filling station – I’m sure this is common practise at small airfields throughout Europe. Individually, we make fuel available to visiting aircraft on the weekend of our annual fly-in and this works well. What is the feasibility of developing a database of pilots throughout Europe, who are willing to be contacted by touring pilots for assistance with fuel and any other advice? Obviously, the helpful individual must be happy that he is satisfying the law and personal safety with regard to the transport of fuel.

Does the concept [licenced airfields] exist in other countries?

Absolutely — although that particular term may not be used! The important thing is if the airfield satisfies certain conditions [for commercial operations] and has been certified as such.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 12 Nov 05:52
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Can I just ask something here – when you are talking about bringing Mogas to the airfield, do you actually mean gas from automobile gas stations?

EDAV, Germany

For me: yes, I do. Euro 95 is a 912’s preferred diet.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Same here. I even select my destination or technical landing on base of near by gas station. If you save one euro per liter you have enough for taxi and hotel. Of course you need more time and canisters with you. More difficult with high wing a/c, but ski- and sea-a/c are willingly using lpetrolstations on route.

Matti
EFHV
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message