Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

It is interesting that ORS4-1163 contains a teritorial limitation wheras ORS4 No 1089 which expired at midnight had no such teritorial limit. There is no limit imposed in ORS 1046 which permits operation of an EASA aircraft using a UK National Licence with LAPL privileges. Is this another error from the House of Errors?

The exemption was a temporary measure until the amending regulation was published (in case it was not done on time). A derogation with no territorial limitation should follow.

I just knew @bookworm would know the inside story, with his connections deep inside aviation

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hey guys, in this year’s version there is some very interesting wording which I see for the first time.
The EC is openly admitting that they are negotiating with the FAA a form of conversion agreement.
My bet is that we need not worry, it will be extended until it becomes useless because of automatic equivalence…

The period during which Member States may decide not to apply the provisions of Regulation (EU)
No 1178/2011 in their territory to pilots holding a licence and associated medical certificate issued by a third
country involved in the non-commercial operation of certain aircraft should be extended, because of the ongoing
negotiations of the Union with certain third countries aimed at facilitating the conversion of such licences and
medical certificate

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland

The first time around we had to ask for the extension to the derogation. Now, it’s understood that the BASA IPL Annex is critical in enabling the majority of pilots to comply, and the last couple of extensions have required no prompt.

@Flyingfish

Can you post the document or a link to the document with the wording above as I would like to carry a copy with me in the aircraft in the event of a ramp check.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

The normal method for locating documents for which the poster didn’t provide a URL is to google for a part of the text which is fairly unique, and put it in quotes

So, e.g. a google on

“country involved in the non-commercial operation of certain aircraft should be extended”

gets you this which gets you this PDF and it’s on page 2.

It also gets you this EuroGA thread

Administrator

Flyingfish wrote:

Hey guys, in this year’s version there is some very interesting wording which I see for the first time.
The EC is openly admitting that they are negotiating with the FAA a form of conversion agreement.
My bet is that we need not worry, it will be extended until it becomes useless because of automatic equivalence…

The FAA published more detail a while ago about the conversions. I’m afraid it’s a long way away from “automatic equivalence”, but it’s less painful than it might be.

I think it is what we did here

Administrator

@Cirrus_Man – sorry for the slow reply, I see you got enough links from others. I actually used Peter’s link in the first post of this thread.

LSGG, LFEY, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message