Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

@Peter Thanks!

I can’t seem to locate anywhere anything official that the reg is derogated to 2019. Does that exist anywhere?

I doubt there is anything officially published.

There never is. Every derogation, starting with the original April 2012 date, was not published till literally the last minute. This achieves the optimal FUD effect.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Dear @bookworm — are there any news about the extension?

bookworm wrote:

Latest news I have is a 2 year extension, but voted on in EASA Committee so late (2 weeks from now) that it won’t be law by the April 2017 date. So it will need national exemptions to cover the gap.

EDAZ

They decided to do it by written procedure, which should be launched soon. There is no hope that it will make the 8 April timeframe, so states will have to do Art 14 exemptions to bridge the gap.

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

EDAZ

Validity of third-country licenses in non-commercial operations extended

I have to say I think that announcement is a bit premature, but it is helpful as a statement of intent that members states can latch on to.

For a ‘professional’ organisation, they always seem to never get this right.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Peter_G wrote:

For a ‘professional’ organisation, they always seem to never get this right

I guess that when they write “Extention” they mean “Extension”
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Any update on the FAA to EASA IR conversion deadline and the bilateral agreement?

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Any update on the FAA to EASA IR conversion deadline and the bilateral agreement?

Just get it over with It is nothing more than a skill test. The only hitch is that you need to pass the renewal every year.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message