Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TOTAL fuel card for France

My card arrived last week thanks to the intervention of a very helpful lady who replied to my email with a direct phone number. She arranged for me to pay the deposit by bank transfer. I expect to settle charges in the same way.

I’m reluctant to publish her details but will pass them on to anyone who asks directly. I think the issue is that UK banks do not respond to foreign DD requests and there’s no way to set them up from the UK end. Although they offer Sepa Lloyds Bank could not have been less helpful with advice. I’m probably on the de-banking list for even asking.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

I tried applying and they want a £200 deposit?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Yep.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Yep.

Does it give me any substantial discount vs paying via debit/credit card? AirBP just makes life easier and I defer the payment a month for balancing costs, but is Total similar?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

TOTAL can be a lot cheaper than anybody else at certain airports. For example check the TOTAL price versus the bowser price at LFAT.

Whether this is worth the bother with TOTAL is another matter. I never wasted my time getting the TOTAL card, but then I don’t speak French and my aircraft type is not really suitable for hacking around French grass strips

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I never wasted my time getting the TOTAL card

The Total card (and BP card too) is pretty much indispensible for flying within France. In my admittedly very limited experience, self-serve pumps generally require one or the other. (At LFMD you can use a regular card but mine limits me to €150 per operation, which is fine if you fly a Piper Cub). And while I MUCH prefer a fuel truck to self-serve, it isn’t always available, or comes with a hefty price increase.

LFMD, France

I have AIR BP. Two actually; one with my reg and one with ANY reg

Administrator

I have AIR BP

That’s great for LFMD, but won’t get you far at LFMU, LFLU, LFMV and no doubt lots of others that are Total. That’s why you need both.

LFMD, France

Sure, but how many of those have Customs & Immigration? Some…

Administrator

All 3 according to roznet’s handy guide, though all want 24 hr PPN.

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message