Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Introductions and occupations?

OK you IT lot...can you speak in English I just a humble musician and landlord.

If any other musicians out there how about modulations, consecutive 4ths and 5th (ok I just like those :) ) or dominant and diminished 7ths.

OK I jest but thought this thread was to find out what others do to pass the time when not flying.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Sorry Jude. Just another techie one...

Yes, though you can do it several ways. Some protocols just throw the packets in and deal with the non-arrival (that results from a collision) at a higher layer...

That's what quite a few do, such as TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) on top of IP (Internet Protocol). Hence TCP/IP.

CSMA/CD operates way below that - at the pure hardware level (voltages and wires!).

Barton is my spiritual home.

Oh so way over my head, lol

But I understand IT collision = the damn computer has crashed (again)

(p.s. not a blonde, a brunette)

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Bad luck, Jude098 - I am equally at your disposition to discuss chord schemes and progressions - though only at basic amateur level. Folk music was meant to be simple, you know.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I'm involved as commercial director/part owner in two very different small companies - one does food distribution and the other mathematical modelling of airborne pollution dispersion. The variety helps keep boredom at bay. No connection with IT, except as a source of frustration/high blood pressure.

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Boeing 737 airline Captain in the UK. Piper Turbo Arrow shared with friends. Despite the figures becoming less cost effective as the years go on I won't give up aircraft ownership or GA flying.

Currently working in advertising for one of the biggest media agencys in the world. Soon i'm going to be ditching it for an unpaid glider towing job for the summer season. Cannot wait!

Sometimes you gotta take a risk i guess.

London Area

Long time retired (20 years) Chartered Engineer, mostly Heavy stuff, Cement plants - latterly for a famous German firm, KHD. Seen quite a bit of the World that way.

1500 hrs all in own light planes (Tipsy Belfair, Nord NC854S, Jodel DR1051) since starting PPL in 1969 whilst temporarily located in Sydney.

Made/bought/run my own airstrip in West Sussex, England, where my current a/c RansS6 & S4 live. Member of Southern Flyers: compile for fun 'RansMail' e-mailed out monthly.

mike hallam

Presently I'm a partner in a microlight training school as a retirement business, where my hats include maintaining the aircraft, the buildings, safety bloke, meeting and greeting customers, writing the newsletter and making the tea.

Before "retirement" work varied from being a deckhand on a fishing boat, then building and running my own for a while and then via a convoluted course to a building site manager. I also raced motorcycles for a while, tuning and maintaining my own machines.

I started flying in gliders in 1980 moving over to microlights in 1993 and I now have shares in 3 different aircraft but my chief delight is in flying my old Thruster TST, whenever I get the chance.

"I know of several flying AMEs or medical consultants. One pilot (had both fixed and rotary) does boob jobs "

And doubht owns both - Plastics is the top speciality for private income>

I think I know who you mean and yes he does own both but he's also an expert in reconstruction dealing with things such as scarring and a thoroughly good egg

Sign in to add your message