Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Introductions and occupations?

But don't criticise the person. Criticise the message - on its facts.

This exactly happens in many forums and this is why I left pilotundflugzeug. I've never been very active on pprune as my first thread was deleted by a mod. Still active on flyer as ac11flyer as a few might know. It is good to find some familiar names in here. Let's fight on the subject.

Markus

United Kingdom

Peter pointed me at this site and I have dipped my toe into the water already. My GA flying is mostly in Canada with a bit in the US so I can comment on some universal flying subjects but obviously have little of value to offer on European specific issues, other then the general comment that I am sure glad I don't have to put up with the shyte you guys do.

I am fairly well established on pprune, but like others am concerned on the direction that site is taking. In any case it is not and never was intended to be a private pilot site and is clearly aimed at professional flying, something that it is clearly the internet leader in.

In a perfect world there should be a one uber GA site that replicates on the GA private side what pprune does for commercial aviation. I think this site has the potential to be that place but the challenge is to atrack the attention of folks on the other sites to get a critical mass.

So my question is the long term focus eurocentric or to attract posters from everywhere ?

Finally I permanently left Avcanada after "Cat Driver" publicly outed me in order to "win" an argument. Since I make my living as a pilot I can't afford to be searchable under my real name so a requirement to post under my real name is a deal breaker.

Wine, Women, and Airplanes = Happy
Canada

I am so sick of pprune. My first post on the ATC forum on there was read by over 15,000 people and then got hurled with personal abuse.

Then one of the co-founders decided he would have enough - banned me and threw personal attacks at me - and I'm glad I left.

I genuinely hope this site takes off.

Hi. I post as piper.classique most places but my real name FWIW is Barbara, and I fly from Chauvigny, in France. PPl FI, microlights, gliders and hot air balloons. I share a Supercub with my husband, also a libelle 201 and standard mucha. Happy to meet you all.

It's supposed to be fun.
LFDW

Piper Classique, I always wanted to say hello on pPrune (where I post very occasionally as FlyingLapinou) but never got round to it, so I shall do so here - bonjour! I'm down south in Libourne..

Bordeaux

Down south? Looks northern to me. LOL I'm currently in Saint-Jean-de-Luz.

United Kingdom

Lucky you! Gorgeous place - enjoy

Bordeaux

I'm from Ireland and have been flying for about 11 years. I'm a PPL and fly purely for pleasure. My interest is in touring.

Looks like we have a nice widely spread out bunch of pilots here.

Perhaps we could organise a "Introductions" flyin in the spring.

It would be nice if we could all meet up for a proper flyin. :)

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I originally learnt to fly in Australia PPL/ME/IR after having been accepted into the RAAF but not going for a variety of reasons. Just bought a PA-46 and fly to Boston to pick it up tomorrow and fly back via Greenland and Iceland. Got an FAA 61.75 and IR to fly in Europe until whatever the regime in Europe is chooses to disclose itself. Would be very happy to join a EuroGA fly-in. Will be based at EGTK (Oxford).

EGTK Oxford

Jason, watch the weather very carefully in the Boston and Atlantic Canada area the next few days - not good!

Once you're on your way, you'll have a great flight, it's beautiful across the top. Consider Akureyri, Iceland as an alternative stop to Reykjavik, it's a delightful small city, and very nice airport.

Safe travels....

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
Sign in to add your message