Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Introductions and occupations?

Well said Neil and Pilot DAR.

Just signed up for this site as it seems to cover exactly the area that I am interested in - GA in Europe.

I am currently considering taking up flying, and have no prior experience as a pilot. Usually, when I need information about a new subject, I turn to the Internet, and forums frequented by sensible and knowledgeable people are a major source of knowledge for me.

The first attempt I did to follow such a forum got me to a web site I believe was discussed in the previous posts, where a seemingly very knowledgeable member got booted out for reasons I never really understood. However, when people who contribute a lot of useful knowledge get kicked out, the forum probably isn't for me. Google pointed me to the flyer forums as an alternative source, and that seems to be a nice forum, actually.

However, both the previously mentioned forums are quite UK-centric (and nothing wrong with that), but since I live in Denmark, I'd love a forum that covers Europe in general.

I may well take up residence in another European country in the future, and a place with a constructive approach to the new common European rules and licenses with discussions and sharing of knowledge could be really useful to me.

I'll be mostly reading, absorbing the wisdom I hope to find here, and I just wanted to let myself known so you know who is lurking in the shadows of the site.

Gathering information

I have just discovered this forum. I think it's an excellent idea. I have occasionally posted on Pprune under the same handle.

My main interests are to fly competition aerobatics in a Pitts and vintage aircraft restoration. I do both as much as I am able to. I do not have a vast flying experience but am happy to try to answer questions on either topic. I am based in The Netherlands.

EHLE

Hello, Like others on here I too was getting tired of the other forums. I am a low hours PPL flying out of Oxford and am interested in getting a share and generally getting more experience flying. Look forward to using this site a lot more and will contribute whenever I feel I can add any value.

Yogesh

Stapleford EGSG, United Kingdom

Hi all.

I frequent the Flyer forum and occasionally Pprune (though less so recently because of the recent dramas and unpleasantnes).

I'm a fairly recently revalidated PPL after a long layoff, obtained my IMC rating a few months ago, and I've just started training for my night rating/qualification.

I hope this forum does well and we have the opportunity to actually discuss flying and associated aviation topics - I'd say, so far so good.

Well done Peter, there is room for a site like this.

I like many others don't post under my real name because I am concerned that clients and others will be under the misconception that I'm made of money (flying takes care of that).

I'm planning to get a tailwheel conversion sorted out on the Chipmink as soon as I can get access to one nearby, and hope to find a share in one next year, ideally very close to me. I live 2nm from the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden.

EGSC

I also post under this name on a number of other flying forums. I hold an FAA CPL/IR, as well as JAA PPL/IMC, and have been based out of the UK, The Netherlands, and now Pennsylvania in the USA. I'd love to see discussion of more "adventurous" GA trips; my favourites have been flights from Rotterdam down to Southern Tunisia, and also Southern Egypt. I shall write up some articles soon for the site, but anyone interested in the meantime can see them on http://www.katamarino.co.uk - I'm planning to fly from Pittsburgh to Brazil next so will be tapping the brains of our Central and Southern American based friends... :)

Kent, UK

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this site. I am an occasional poster on the other forums so thought I would sign up and add yet another page to my daily reading...Fairly low hours ppl (+- 130) with a shareoplane in the south east..probably one of the younger members here at 27?

Perhaps not the most exciting type history compared to others but have a few Bulldog hours and one in a Pitts - hoping to do more aeros at Thruxton though if and when wallet allows..but generally happy bimbling around in anything that gets me off the ground, delivers me to other airports to sample their sausage sandwhiches and takes me back home again safely! :D

I have decided to stick with the same username as some of you may or may not recognise me from the other forums?

Looking forward to seeing the forum grow!

Chris (Chip)

Looking forward to seeing the forum grow!

So am I, Chip, so am I, and as much as I like dipping into the technical discussions, it's always nice to see the new additions to this thread (I do recognise your name, btw, and some others, too).

I hope we'll hear more about your aeros adventures.

@rats404 Tailwheel conversion sounds good! I'd love to try a Chippy one day.

Bordeaux

Hi, I've been a microlight pilot for nearly 20yrs now and am still as addicted as when, even further in the past, I first stepped out of a glider with a big silly grin on my face.

I have no desire to fly commercialy or in IMC and I still delight in the feel of the air under my wings as it dances in the thermals and in the everchanging views so I feel well matched to my chosen mount.

I listen to other aspects of aviation with interest and look forward to seeing interesting debate

Hello!

Let's hope that this forum will be a better home for GA pilots - both professionals and amateurs - than PPRuNe. Although personally I have no axe to grind with PPRuNe, I too regret that some very active and well respected contributors have been banned or were otherwise forced to leave.

I would like to post under my real name, but since I work in the very security-sensible field of business aviation, I must stay anonymous. I am not on Facebook or Twitter for that same reason and never will be. I will however - as I did on PPRuNe and other forums many times - reply to personal messages in person!

I started flying gliders while still a school boy in the 1970ies. After many years spent investigating the more theoretical aspects of aerospace technology (both in the research environment and industry) I progressively turned my former flying hobby into a career by acquiring licence after license and rating after rating in my spare time. Reaching the "magical age" of 45, I had a major decision to take - what to do next and for the remaining 20 years until retirement? I opted for the sky and now fly business jets for a living and instruct future airline pilots in my spare time. If an interesting engineering project turns up, I will not turn it down either - my work contrcat allows me to do so!

Best regards Max (<- Real first name :-) )

EDDS - Stuttgart
Sign in to add your message