Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to find EASA (or UK post-brexit) regs?

Try here

Last Edited by Peter at 21 Apr 15:50

Looks very promising. Thank you.

Frequent travels around Europe

I think his biggest customers are National Authorities.

Hmmm… Part-FCL Made Easy: Handbook for Pilot Licensing Aeroplanes [Volume 1] on 522 pages? I must admit I had a slightly different idea of easy. About 8 years ago I wrote a concise summary of JAR-FCL1 on 4 or 5 pages.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

But this is not a summary, its all the relevant legislation in one place. JAR-FCL was never law and was comfined to 3 documents. There is no way to make Eurobable easy, like Microsoft software, the writers are paid by the inch

I think what is needed, for us anyway, is a “GA FAQ”.

If say you are running an airport then you will have a different range of interests, and you will need to find out which documents apply to your exact operation and where to find them and where to find updates. Most likely, the CAA is operating some sort of email update service for organisations which pay them those massive licensing fees.

But pilots get nothing like that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Most likely, the CAA is operating some sort of email update service for organisations which pay them those massive licensing fees.

Paying them fees gives you no better service than simply registering (free) for the email updates. An ATO gets no more than the avderage pilot!

It seems Jenkins’ books are mainly (structured!) reprints of the EASA regs. They are still valuable partly because they have indexes with page numbers, so you can actually look up a subject! With EU-regs you cannot even make your own index, because the documents do not have page numbers :-)

According to the latest PPLIR magazine, published last week, Jim Thorpe “is preparing a book on the new IR, which will be available shortly.”

huv
EKRK, Denmark

Currently, almost nobody can find their way around the thousands of pages of stuff.

There are even indications that many European CAAs don’t understand it.

There ought to be an FAQ somewhere, with answers to common questions, and pointers to the legislation.

I wonder if EASA is ever going to produce such a reference?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You are right Peter, it is quite incomprehensible.

When you include Maintenance, Aircraft, Licencing etc I am astonished anyone but bookworm can follow it.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message