Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PPL/IR

I’m not sure I see how something that is part of creating credibility is an example of actually having a positive effect at the EASA level as was indicated before.

I have no doubt there will be individuals who are trying to do good, just as I have no doubt there will be many who don’t try that hard. I also get the impression that getting anywhere with EASA is rather a futile undertaking.

It is difficult to do something about it, and I’m just not sure that the likes of PPLIR or AOPA in its current state can and do anything meaningful.

It would be great to see something done about the CAA infringement mess from these groups if they are influential.

Yes I agree that it would be better if there was a co-ordinated response to issues. But it is bit like herding sheep. You need a few good sheepdogs who work together and in GA we have too many personalities who don’t want to be sheepdogs

EGBW, United Kingdom

Following the sheepdog analogy (which I like :) ) It seems as if our present sheepdogs are either sheep in collie clothing, or limpy, blinky and fenton!

JohnR wrote:

I am not an apologist for PPL/IR and have had my disagreements with them but as just one example the PBN manual which is used as the basis for a lot of PBN training is surely a good achievement isn’t it?

One example or the only example? I admit this manual is OK but it is what it is, similar to manuals describing ILS or holding patterns. It doesn’t have anything with claim that PPL/IR has been doing something at EASA level to help GA pilots.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
74 Posts
Sign in to add your message