Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brexit and general aviation, UK leaving EASA, etc (merged)

@zuutroy my €75 also includes audiogram.
If I had to have an effort test strapped to a computer on a bike I would have to pay another €75.

France

gallois wrote:

Have you thought about doing your conversion in an EU country? You may find it valuable to talk to an instructor in the EU. Perhaps Airborne Again or Snoopy might be able to advise you about going to Sweden or Austria rather than trying to do it in the UK.

Not any time soon – COVID + too much work + want to establish the routine here.
Actually, I’m not even sure when I’m going to do that – got a lot of job-related training that I need to do now, then we’ll see.
Re: medical – my only worry is ECG. Haven’t had one in years.

EGTR

As far as I know EASA pilots are not allowed to fly anymore G-regs, also EASA Part-66 stuff can’t sign off maintenance of G-regs..
Does anyone tried to get validation of CPL(A) and Part66 to be able fly and maintain this aircrafts?

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

Przemek wrote:

As far as I know EASA pilots are not allowed to fly anymore G-regs

They are.

CERTIFICATE_OF_VALIDATION_pdf

ESME, ESMS

Posts moved to existing thread @Przemek

You had incorrect information. The UK is accepting EASA papers for 2 years after 1/1/2021. It was Brussels which stopped accepting UK papers immediately on 1/1/2021.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aaa,ok. However it will be interesting to be able screw and fly G-regs after 2 years..

http://www.Bornholm.Aero
EKRN, Denmark

I am very sure the CAA is trying to do a deal with EASA for mutual recognition of some sort, and the 2 year thing is just an interim concession.

But with brexit being a red hot political issue, not much is going to happen soon. Well, the UK had a better chance of winning the Eurovision song contest

Administrator

With reference to the “EU VAT over £135” discussion here this is relevant, and interestingly it doesn’t start until 1st July. There was a transition period which ends 1st July.

Administrator

With reference to the earlier discussion above, this is what e.g. Ebay offers to sellers, so really they have no excuse if they want to sell to the UK:

So if an EU Ebay seller refuses to ship to the UK, or a UK Ebay seller refuses to ship to the EU, they are either stupid or they are basically making some political point – because this thing is pretty well transparent.

AFAIK Amazon is doing the same.

Many years ago I used to ship a lot of stuff to the US, via a similar DHL option – prepaying all of the US import duties etc. It was dead convenient for the customer but was pretty expensive. Now I sell most stuff there via a distributor, which costs the US customer probably 30-50% extra so nobody has gained anything, but it is very simple because they handle all the paperwork, and similarly with post-brexit UK-EU stuff, B2B shipments are duty free regardless of the value.

Administrator

I thought this was amusing. Comms with a German shop:

Dear Sirs,
re: UVEX 4043197334615 lenses
I have the above cycling glasses with clear lenses and would like to buy tinted lenses.
If you do not ship to the UK that is OK because I have German friends who can buy it for me.
Thank you in advance,
Peter
Brighton, UK

Reply:

Hello
Unfortunately we do not currently process orders to the UK.
Best regards
Customer service

Administrator
Sign in to add your message