Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying with pets

Yes, I live in the UK. It was remiss of me not to realise what “AOC” was, I should have known that. I presume then that you don’t live in the UK? Since you were asking the question I foolishly assumed that you were in the same predicament as me in that I want to take my dog with me when I fly across the channel.
The only way I’ve found so far is to land at Calais, my wife and dog will get a taxi to come from Folkstone through the tunnel, collect her and dog and deliver them to Lydd where we will continue our journey. It’s ridiculous.

Forever learning
EGTB

@ Stickandrudderman -
the agency in charge of handling those pets is indeed a private company named “SkyPets”.
Have a look here http://www.bigginhillairport.com/aviation-services/skypets/

Unfortunately they tell you

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Only authorised carriers which comply with the requirements of the Biggin Hill Pet Travel Scheme and hold an approval for the route issued by DEFRA will be accepted.

Better call them by phone …

Last Edited by nobbi at 10 Nov 10:27
EDxx, Germany

Thanks.

Forever learning
EGTB

I have looked into this before and saw no way to do it privately other than a charter on an approved carrier.

EGTK Oxford

I should have brought this up in the red tape challenge.

Forever learning
EGTB

Hello,
just seen in the other Thread a pic with a dog on board
So now comes my question how do you do it with pets on board (mainly dogs) suggestions, pics, experiance, etc

thanks

fly2000

Does flying with the wife count as a pet?

There is a trip report here where two guys did a lot of flying in a DA40, with a dog. They must have had some interesting paperwork issues on the way… or maybe not? I can’t find it right now; it was a year or two ago.

But there have been multiple threads on stuff like animal passports.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The main issue I can think of is how to protect the ears of ‘sniffle’. Dogs have a MUCH more sensitive sense of hearing than us humans and the noise in a typical SEP cockpit is murderous for OUR ears – let alone a dog’s. There are dog-headsets out there, not sure how the sniffles of this world take to them…

I’m not sure if it’s possible to take your pet abroad even with a pet passport, I understand the problem is getting the pet back into the uk

Sign in to add your message