Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airparks in Europe and around the world (merged)

aart wrote:

Looks more like an ‘air hamlet’ though.

Perfect description Aart – “Air Hamlet”. Thank you, I shall use that.

While the runway is officially 760m, I have mowed and rolled an 80m extension at the west end, as a safety buffer. Also, put in a 110m tarmac strip at the east threshold to ease takeoff from what is the lower end of the runway. The property sits on top of a plateau at 760 ft altitude which slopes away at the east end; informal non-precision instrument approaches to runway 26 are very doable to 300ft DH. The runway has full planning permission, so is secure.

Yes, the hangars are across the runway from the 4 houses. There is in fact a footpath across the runway at that point. In one direction it takes you to The Plough in Cold Aston (15 mins) and in the other to the Black Horse in Naunton (45 mins). Both great locals only pubs.

I put in a short North South second informal runway for messing about with the Piper Cub. This runway also acts as a taxiway so that each homeowner can taxi right to their garden and back door. In nice weather I usually go for an early morning spin in the Cub and park it right outside my home office during the day. I never taxi the Cub back to the hangar at the end of the day, always fly.

Last Edited by Buckerfan at 09 Nov 14:08
Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Wonderful… Envious!
Now, how about a EuroGA fly-in?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

We could do an informal day fly in for sure. We have done a couple in the past for flying farmers and vintage pipers.

Paul Beckwith

Buckerfan wrote:

One of owners here has their house on the market.

Looks nice link local copy

Wow, what a lovely house

LFOU, France

Yes; it is a nice looking house. The price reflects a pricey local area. It’s always been a mistake to overprice airpark houses; the development always crashes.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Very nice location near one of the nicest Cotswold towns. Didn’t the house come with a very nice Piper Pacer?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I have no control over the price my neighbour is asking. Beyond that I can’t comment.

The Pacer is immaculate, inside and out!

Really nice place @Buckerfan ! I would not hesitate a minute if I lived in that area and had the cash.

I’ve seen several airparks in the US, one of them in Naples FL had houses with hangars in the $300-700k range.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@Buckerfan,

Looks like access to the airstrip or hangarage is on top…

Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message