Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Thanks @TimR,

It’s actually something we are planning on working on in a future release. Keep the feedback coming and I’ll get it on our list to evaluate!

Josh

Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 28 Aug 17:10
ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

I have been using the graphical NOTAMS in the beta and they are really well implemented. Foreflight is not perfect for Europe yet by any means, but they listen and they are devoting substantial resources to the region. That is good for all of us (even those who don’t use it).

EGTK Oxford

Now we are talking:

ESME, ESMS

It just doesn‘t get into my mind why, for a video exclusively about European features, they don‘t a „European English“ narrator.

And stop talking about „military operations areas“….

And start talking about AIPs SUPs, etc.

Makes them still sound so clueless… or at least superficial.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 07 Sep 05:59
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Regarding the newly announced Europe coverage (Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc) in the latest 11.7.1 update, the release may support them but the countries and associated databases have not yet appeared in the download section. Will they do so shortly?

Last Edited by chflyer at 08 Sep 10:46
LSZK, Switzerland

Just watched the video. It looks very good.

I don’t see a problem with using the term “MOA” since (a) this has been used in products like Jeppview/Flitestar/etc since for ever (and didn’t work anyway since those airspace categories don’t exist in Europe) and (b) there doesn’t seem to be a standard name for it (e.g. France is covered in this airspace; the UK calls is “AIAA” and it is not restricted, etc) and (c) sometimes mil activity is notamed and sometimes not and sometimes the airspace is restricted/prohibited and sometimes not, etc… You have to call it by some name.

The big challenge with graphical notams, rediscovered by every satnav software vendor, is interpreting the polygons correctly even if they contain typos – because there is no standard machine readable format. This is why websites which display notams display only the circle, which is the only unambiguous item you get.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

chflyer wrote:

Regarding the newly announced Europe coverage (Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, etc) in the latest 11.7.1 update, the release may support them but the countries and associated databases have not yet appeared in the download section. Will they do so shortly?

I got a Bulgaria download in the previous cycle (expired 12 September 2019), but not in the current cycle. Bulgaria now shows as expired. <shrug>

ELLX

Hi @lionel,

We are looking into it now and I’ll post as soon as I have an update.

Hi @chflyer,

Apologies for not seeing this sooner. They should be available (checking into Bulgaria with our Data team now). If you have any issues, please let me know.

Josh

KGTU, United States

Hi @lionel,

Bulgaria should be back in the catalog now, please let me know if you have any additional issues.

Josh

KGTU, United States

I think the problem was on my side. The support and documents were added but the countries weren’t automatically checked at the top of the download section under download settings for Europe. I’ve selected them now and they have been downloaded.

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message