Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avgas in drums?

Dear Sir
your figures are all wrong. We have all proper documents and Attorneys to Back it up Free of charge feel free to write and I will prove it there is NO uplift charge VAT may vary depending on location If you have a vis Number you are tax excempt.

Peter, the 1,57l€ is before any taxes. It would end up around the 3€ figure eventually.

Avgas costs ca. 0.90€/l at the refinery at the moment. On top of that you have to add transport to the airfield (for Central Europe this would be around 0.05€/l), then uplift by the airfield and on top of that mineral oil tax and VAT.

The calculation for Germany (lower mineral oil tax and VAT than Greece) looks as follows for a delivery of ca. 15 000l although the quantity only has a small price effect:

100LL              0.90 €
Transport         0.05 €
Uplift                0.30 €
Mineral oil tax  0.75 €
19% VAT         0.38 €
---------------------------
Total:               2.38 €

That will take a big flyin to use.

EGTK Oxford

After some emails, it turns out the minimum delivery is 25000 litres.

The price quoted thus appears about right for the price which a GA airport is paying for the fuel i.e. buying for say €1.60 and selling for say €2.20.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Auto fuel transport is quite legal here – for sports use like motor boating etc. . You have to stay below 333 liters in the trailer to avoid licence troubles. And storage in the open is legal as well on trailers like in the link below. We see them often in airfields for filling up aircraft when shows are going on and the airfield has no avgas or whatever is needed. By the way, I don´t believe alcohol is the problem for rubber seals. Actually I suspect acetone, toluol or any other sort of chemistry in modern fuel is some risk for plastics. And o-rings will not disappear in the fuel but will swell which is not a problem in all cases. Vic

http://www.maul-tank.de/tl_files/files/Prospekt%20IBC-500%20deutsch.pdf

vic
EDME

Dear Peter

We can deliver Bulk and the price gets better private air clubs do not need to pay additional tax we are an aviation company registered in EU we also provide an Attorney if there is ever any questions by the Greek GOVERNMENT we have all proper licenses in place for private Aviation we know the rules and regulations and will follow to the letter.

If this guy can do avgas in Greece for this price, that’s very good. Greek avgas is normally about €3/litre.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Avgas prices in Central Europe before VAT and gasoline taxes are around 0,90€/l these days so 1,57€ isn’t what I call “very cheap”. However, having 100LL in a few more places in Greece would be really great. Crete is one of the best served places with both Sitia and Iraklion offering it. Chania is not very attractive for GA pilots due to the restrictive PPR and cost.

I have Very cheap Avgas I have been trying to place on every airport I can Deliver to Athens all expense paid for 1.57 Euro I will have in the next A few weeks Avgas in Santorini and Chania If anyone is Interested please let me know [email protected]

Returning to mogas transport. The EU regulations for private transport, as opposed to keeping permanentlyin the car for an emergency are:

Carrying petrol in your car – a link to HSE. “ADR exempts completely private, non-work
related carriage subject to some conditions (ADR 1.1.3.1(a)).“
“The small load exemptions will be applicable up to a total quantity of 333 litres (if other
dangerous goods are carried the aggregation rules must be applied). The containers must be
UN approved.”
http://www.hse.gov.uk/cdg/manual/commonproblems/petrol.htm

My usual load is 3X 20 litre metal cans, carried from the Astra on a sackbarrow – for about half a kilometre, through security, to the Jodel. Tested for alcohol as per CAA leaflet. Not every year do I need to check the temperature, at Inverness.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
31 Posts
Sign in to add your message