Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Is that a TVR under the hair?:)

France

Ten groovy colors, no less…

Believe it or not I know a couple of guys here in the US who were once TVR apprentices. They immigrated together illegally, built successful businesses and then used those businesses as justification/funding for green cards. The Lancashire accented stories from their TVR days are hilarious – the company was financially insecure. You can apparently learn something in Blackpool, although perhaps not what some there had in mind.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 31 May 17:07

Yes, TVR Griffith 1965

I had the good fortune to drive several TVR models over the years. I really liked them, especially the early ones. Later models tended to hurt a little with acceleration, I can still feel the kick in the back from a Griffin.

France

It’s Griffith , the V8 powered TVR being the product of a guy by that name

Last Edited by Silvaire at 31 May 17:46

There is also a Griffin.

France

The long history of TVR Cars, including the model list is here.

Silvaire wrote:

It’s Griffith , the V8 powered TVR being the product of a guy by that name

TVR is short for “Trevor”, I heard a radio interview with the founder and he said essentially, “I called it TVR because I couldn’t really call it a Trevor”

Andreas IOM

Yep, Trevor Wilkinson died only a few years ago. The original Griffith model specifically was developed by a US Ford dealer (Jack Griffith) in a similar fashion to the AC/Shelby Cobra. Chassis minus engines were shipped to him and final Griffith assembly was done in the US.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 31 May 23:50

From here

Is Brexit still a red hot political potato? I thought it was all done. The only time we hear about it on the news here is the fishermen and Jersey and AIUI the Channel Islands or Isles Anglo Normande were never in the EU to exit.

France
Sign in to add your message