Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A new thread

In a bid to be helpful to Peter, who does a huge amount to keep this forum going, which I hugely appreciate, as do many others, I am starting this thread.

EGKB Biggin Hill

It seems to have a misfire.

Forever learning
EGTB

The issue is that no thread started by us is going to be as interesting as these started by usual suspects ;-)

LKKU, LKTB

Yes, Timothy ? What is your question ?

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Michal wrote:

The issue is that no thread started by us is going to be as interesting as these started by usual suspects ;-)

We would have tons of threads if “someone” didn’t merge them all If this continue we will have one merged thread, and one “off topic” thread (which also technically is a merged thread).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

In a bid to be helpful to Peter

Generating interesting content is for the benefit of all, not me For me, it merely generates more stuff to read.

The issue is that no thread started by us is going to be as interesting as these started by usual suspects

Perhaps the word you were looking for was “provocative”

We would have tons of threads if “someone” didn’t merge them all If this continue we will have one merged thread, and one “off topic” thread (which also technically is a merged thread).

That would be true if we wanted a site where someone kicks off a discussion which then dies and (for various reasons) nobody ever reads it again. That is what happens on most of the fashionable social media sites e.g facebook. But most of the visits to EuroGA, and I suspect most new posters we attract, come to us via SEO i.e. google searches, and a combined thread on a topic is the best way for that. EuroGA was started to build an informative resource for GA pilots.

If the objective was e.g. to build a site which simply attracts traffic for advert clicks (which is the case for most forums) then (in Europe, given the size of the community here) it would be structured differently.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

erhaps the word you were looking for was “provocative”

actually….no, I wrote what I meant ;-)

LKKU, LKTB

I admit, I was tugging on Peter’s chain a bit. He asked for new threads and I gave him one. Provocative is overstating it. Mild joshing would be a better way of putting it.

Lighten up, smile, go with it

EGKB Biggin Hill

Nobody could get needled by this thread.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Timothy wrote:

I admit, I was tugging on Peter’s chain a bit.

Isnt that just a nautical thread?

12 Posts
Sign in to add your message