Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Taxis in Cannes

Does anyone have a phone number for a taxi driver in Cannes / Nice that they use, who isn't a robbing bas*tard?

I object to a journey that starts at Cannes Airport with Euro 22 already on the meter because he had to drive to the airport. Especially when you're going to Nice Airport and he's getting a pretty decent fare already.

EGNS, EGKB, EGCV, United Kingdom

I'm afraid you won't. This is one of the - many - examples of rip-off France, where some vested interests are protected and mollycoddled to an unbelievable extent.

The only work-around I can think of is to call a cab not from Cannes but from Mandelieu town. I sometimes have to go to trade shows in Cannes and sometimes stay at a friend's place there and have used local (Mandelieu, that is) taxis instead of calling one from Cannes. Not sure how much you'll save, however. And sorry, don't have a number, he has them pinned to the wall next to his house phone. IIRC you have to call the local taxi rank , NOT the radio taxi system - btw a trick that usually works well in France, trouble is - you need to have number(s).

Just feed google with "taxi mandelieu la napoule" and you'll get a lot of numbers and also a map showing the proximity of the taxi-entrepreneurs to the airport.

EDxx, Germany

There's a good express bus from Cannes Town Hall (close to the Palais) to Nice airport. My trade show even gives away free tickets! I use the local bus to get to Mandelieu from Cannes - stops very close to the airport roundabout.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

The bus fare from Cannes airport to Cannes railway station costs 1,50 euros (line 2 or 12 or 20, I don't remember), you'll need 20 to 30 mn. The bus stop is at the airport exit, 5mn walk from the terminal, on the street to the right at the roundabout, just after the gas station (road work now, there is a temporary stop). At the railway station you can take a train which will take you to Nice in 20 to 30 mn. Ticket around 7euros.

To go to Nice airport it is indded more convenient to get a direct bus near Cannes city hall. (Use the same bus to get there from cannes airport 2 or 12 or 20, city hall is a few stops before the train station) price of the bus ticket to Nice airport is around 25 euros.

You won't find a cheap taxi on the riviera. I even remember hearing on a radio that it was cheaper to go from Nice to Monaco with a chopper service than with a taxi if you are alone. Never checked, though.

SE France

There's a good express bus from Cannes Town Hall (close to the Palais) to Nice airport

Some years ago I flew the Comanche down to Cannes and met my wife 2 days later at Nice Airport. I left Cannes at the same time as she took off from Luton, she has landed before I arrived (:-))).

Hi Julian,

I'm afraid Taxis are expensive on the Riviera, I live nearby and if using a taxi call Christoph his no is 0612249094 He is based in Grasse and is often on the Nice airport route, he will give you a fixed price, mention Peter from Grasse and he will take care of you! Good luck, let me know if you need anything else or have any queries about LFMD etc.

best,

Peter

Thanks Peter.

Next time I'm at Cannes I'll give Christophe a call! :)

EGNS, EGKB, EGCV, United Kingdom

Don’t take Taxi nice airport , it can be a big surprise, either the express bus that let you in the center of cannes or if you want a really good car with driver service : www.niceairporttransfer.me ask Chris Teller

Has anyone explored car hire?

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message